Hello
I am asking a question that I think has been discussed before but I couldn't find it. The problem I have been having is that about an average of 3 times a day my messages per second drop from around 20-30 to 0 for around 10-20 seconds and then goes back up to 20-30. My set up is a 1m usb cable with one ferrite and 2x 2m extenders without ferrites to make it long enough.
If I do need ferrits is this the sort of thing I want? http://is.gd/dThZU
Andrew
Why the ferrite on the USB? Is there a lot of interfereance where you are?
CAM
hello
I dont know but I was sure I read somewhere that if you were experiencing message numbers dropping or hardware disconnecting they were what was needed and I was just wanting to confirm that it was what is needed before buying them. If they will do nothing for me I am happy not to bother curing it since it isn't a big problem it is just if a simple fix like ferrites would cure it I would have done it.
Andrew
Andrew,
If you have major interferance caused by external sources it may be worth it, but have you tried a normal USB lead to see if it happens with that? Ferrite is only generally used when there is external EMF (electro magnetic force) ie motors/generator/alternators.
I recall getting a Sony camera which had a USB lead with ferrite cores attached made no difference to me but I suppose it depends on individual circumstances.
CAM