Anyone got any details on hex code 738A57? Currently over Inverness (if PP MLAT is to be believed).
EDIT: Thought to be an Israeli T-6A Texan II according to http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/
EDIT: Whatever it is, now descending north of Glasgow.
(http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4138/4912499411_20919f944b_o_d.jpg)
EDIT: Now confirmed (on SCOTAVNET) as an Israeli T-6A:
Sat 21-Aug-2010 2:00 AM LLON TEX2 BIRK REYKJAVIK EGPF GLASGOW 11:10 AM GMT
(1110Z) 02:34 PM GMT (1434Z) N/A FILED
Hi Chris it is an Israeli Air Force Beech T-6 Texan II serial 473 which landed at Glasgow and is staying until Monday morning before departure to Caen. Just back from seeing it.
Alan
Thanks Alan. Did you get any photos?
I didnt but it is mostly white with some red. It was early landing and by the time I got there it was already parked and was tail on. Hopefully I will get out on Monday morning for its departure.
Alan
At the risk of being picky it's not, as per the database, a Beech T-6 Texan 2 - it's a Beech T-6A Texan II.
MSN is PI-1, by the way.
Edit: It's not a C-130 or a MiG-21, either, despite the thumbnails :-)
Cheers Dave, not picky at all, the c/n wasnt available to me and the pics attached themselves. I have XXXXX'd them out but whether it will stay that was is another matter.
I beleive it may well not be going to Caen now as it is closed.
Alan
Photos at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scotavnet/photos/album/361513059/pic/1638125044/view?prop=eupdate