AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: steve1970 on September 10, 2010, 06:35:15 AM

Title: modify .out files?
Post by: steve1970 on September 10, 2010, 06:35:15 AM
There is a new taxiway at YMML, Taxiway "Victor", anyone know how to modify the existing .out file without starting from scratch? I see the aircraft taxing across the "non" existent taxiway. Did get the current layout pdf from http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/publications/current/dap/MMLAD01-124.pdf which shows the new taxiway. Currently using the out file from sbs-resource program which shows much better detail then the default airnav one. Looked everywhere for updates but there is none. Is it because Google earth is an old image?, that's what im assuming why this file hasn't been update. Am I correct in saying that??

Cheers
Title: Re: modify .out files?
Post by: Runway 31 on September 10, 2010, 07:30:53 AM
Hi Steve,

Try the following link:  http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/index.html you may be able to get what you are looking for from here as there is an outlines collection here under downloads.

Alternatively there is a link to Jordans outline maker and you may be able to make your own outline.

Alan
Title: Re: modify .out files?
Post by: steve1970 on September 10, 2010, 07:42:50 AM
Thanks Runway31, I know of the site, just updated my current info from there! though the outline file is less detailed than the one I copied and pasted from the sbs program as detailed in one of the threads on this site also the current download does not have the updated taxiway that is currently in use already tried that. :-)
Ty anyway.

hehe you added something lol! Yeah used that program before for avalon! Basic outline that is lol. Using Google. But the latest Google images doesn't show the latest YMML layout. Thats why im thinking it hasn't been done.

Thanks
Title: Re: modify .out files?
Post by: steve1970 on September 11, 2010, 07:33:24 AM
Ok worked most of this stuff out by trial and error, including colors for taxi ways, buildings, perimeters etc. Have decided to do my own with the modification to the taxi ways :-) might take hours but oh well lol! We will see how it goes lol! This should be interesting!!

PS Actually because the sbs file was divided into 3 parts might be able to modify the runways and taxiways only .... hmmm, found a new project :-)

OK not that easy! Not knowing the zoom level on Jordans outline marker website that the original file was formed makes it hard to modify existing out files. Looks like I might have to start from scratch! If I do a decent one of YMML I'll post it for the Aussies :-)