AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: richardlee16 on September 10, 2010, 08:58:47 AM

Title: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: richardlee16 on September 10, 2010, 08:58:47 AM
I know this is perhaps not the correct place to ask, but I dont suppose anyone is selling a RadarBox by any chance? I would really like one but I cannot presently afford the £489 price tag. Any help as to where I might get hold of a second hand one greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: EK01 on September 10, 2010, 09:29:38 AM
Richard,

Page 2 of ANRB Discussion, dated 6th September, pwfu has or had a RB for sale! Look under the thread of the same name.
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: richardlee16 on September 10, 2010, 11:06:03 AM
Thanks for the speedy reply. I have emailed the seller, I just hope its still for sale!
Thanks Again.
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: nortonbeak on September 10, 2010, 08:02:30 PM
Just to note also that AirNav Radarbox without the 3D option is 400 GBP, not 489.
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: eggplant on September 11, 2010, 02:11:48 AM
I think flightstore do them for less than £400
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: richardlee16 on September 13, 2010, 02:11:04 PM
Thanks all for the info. I mailed the seller but I have not heard back as of yet, i wont hold my breath! Anyone else selling??
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: bratters on September 13, 2010, 02:53:26 PM
There's one on Ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Airnav-Radarbox-2009-/270634114119?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_SpecialistRadioEquipment_SM&hash=item3f030cdc47
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: richardlee16 on September 13, 2010, 03:00:33 PM
Good spot. If I bought this, could I upgrade it to 3D?
Am I correct in thinking the Box(Hardware) is the same and that only the software is the difference?
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: nortonbeak on September 13, 2010, 06:41:14 PM
Quote from: richardlee16 on September 13, 2010, 03:00:33 PM
could I upgrade it to 3D?
Am I correct in thinking the Box(Hardware) is the same and that only the software is the difference?

Yes

Yes
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: Southwest on September 15, 2010, 02:02:39 PM
Quote from: bratters on September 13, 2010, 02:53:26 PM
There's one on Ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Airnav-Radarbox-2009-/270634114119?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_SpecialistRadioEquipment_SM&hash=item3f030cdc47

It's a specialist item, don't think they will get that on EBay.

Offer them, say, £225.  It all depends on how desperate they are to sell.  Beware though, they may have 100% feedback but only have three transactions to their name.
Title: Re: RadarBox Wanted
Post by: RobinB on September 15, 2010, 05:12:35 PM
Waters and Stanton have 2 on their 2nd hand list at £249

http://www.wsplc.com/pdf/Secondhand%20List.pdf

I presume they would give you reasonable warranty period as well.