AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: knight01 on September 18, 2010, 09:58:06 PM

Title: strange route bug
Post by: knight01 on September 18, 2010, 09:58:06 PM
I have a route for AHY007 (UBBB - EGLL) and AHY008 (EGLL - UBBB) in the database, but the route(s) do not show on the map or the Myflights list.

I've only noticed it with this airline.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: AirNav Support on September 18, 2010, 10:27:47 PM
Did you add that route manually?

We just checked one of our stations near Heathrow and have records of those flights and aircrafts but we do not have any routes for AHY. If you have added it manually, please check you haven't added an extra space after the flight id as that will confuse it.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: knight01 on September 18, 2010, 11:19:45 PM
I added the routes manually. There is no extra space after the flight ID.  Strange, I've added quite a number of routes lately and this is the only route that is not showing.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: AirNav Support on September 18, 2010, 11:32:34 PM
Delete the AHY rows you added and add them again. It may be case of some character has been entered by mistake or as you committed it to the database for some reason it wasn't fully written.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: knight01 on September 19, 2010, 08:40:28 AM
I've Deleted the row/route and added it again, now just have to wait and see.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: bearcat on September 19, 2010, 08:59:18 AM
Hi

I think this is a bug and the leading 0 or 00 in the flight numberare the problem.The first time these flight numbers populate they show ok but on subseqent contacts the routings do not show in the list. The way I get round this is to enter your flight IDs as AHY7 and AHY8 and then should be ok, this works for me.

Hope this solves your problem
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: John Racars on September 19, 2010, 11:08:51 AM
Quote from: bearcat on September 19, 2010, 08:59:18 AMThe way I get round this is to enter your flight IDs as AHY7 and AHY8 and then should be ok, this works for me.

Hi All,

a totally agree; so do I and it works verry well!
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: DaveReid on September 19, 2010, 04:25:38 PM
Quote from: bearcat on September 19, 2010, 08:59:18 AMI think this is a bug and the leading 0 or 00 in the flight numberare the problem. The first time these flight numbers populate they show ok but on subseqent contacts the routings do not show in the list. The way I get round this is to enter your flight IDs as AHY7 and AHY8 and then should be ok, this works for me.

You're kidding, I hope.

Are we seriously suggesting that the route lookup algorithm isn't capable of working out that AHY007 and AHY7 are the same flight number ?

I'd be ashamed of myself if I'd programmed anything like that.
Title: Re: strange route bug
Post by: bearcat on September 20, 2010, 08:07:19 AM
I had for example EXS001A EGAA-EGNX (manually input) in my route table which did not show in the list,added EXS1A with the same route and it now shows in the list. Also had this problem with AFR0xx,  flights when they were automatically populated.