AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: anodes on September 23, 2010, 04:54:16 PM

Title: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: anodes on September 23, 2010, 04:54:16 PM
Hi I am unable to resize the preference box menu. Any of the menu tabs that are selected - ie General  the box is clipped at the bottom & right hand side - therefore unable to change any settings that are clipped. All info is appreciated.
Thank you Stephen
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: LSZS on September 23, 2010, 05:28:22 PM
Like me.
I Can't resize this window so I can't uncheck the route autopopulate, the color of the map ecc.... all like anodes.
I've tried to uninstall, restart the pc, and install again the ANRB Software (3.13) but nothing.
Also:
In the main screen i have under the photos and information also i little window of mylog. I can't close this so I can't read all information about the selected aircraft.
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: AirNav Support on September 23, 2010, 05:33:00 PM
This is an issue which will be fixed in future versions. Its caused by using HD resolutions or large fonts on low resolutions/monitors.

A couple of ways to resolve this.

1.) Change to small Fonts (you should be able to do this from your control panel)
2.) Increase your resolutions to the max you can
3.) If you have a mini laptop, some allow you to expand the viewable screen size temporary so you can view it.
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: LSZS on September 23, 2010, 05:52:53 PM
Yes I have an HD monitor
I tried like you suggested without success.
Now I can uncheck the autopopulate route, but I can't see the OK button
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: RodBearden on September 23, 2010, 06:15:14 PM
You could try the solution suggested here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4056.msg41097#msg41097

HTH

Rod
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: anodes on September 23, 2010, 07:22:04 PM
Many thanks for the info - by decreasing the font gets over the problem - not an ideal solution. I have tried the suggested fix from earlier posts [http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/ResizeEnable.shtml]. Although I am using a 22" screen with pc I am still unable to resize.
At least AirNav are aware of the problem, hopefully they should be able to find a fix.
Thanks Stephen
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: LSZS on September 23, 2010, 07:55:50 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on September 23, 2010, 06:15:14 PM
You could try the solution suggested here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=4056.msg41097#msg41097

HTH

Rod
Thank you for your help, it works
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: RodBearden on September 23, 2010, 08:23:28 PM
Glad to be of service :-)

Rod
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: anodes on September 23, 2010, 09:06:42 PM
Thank you for your input Rod - also works for me.
Stephen
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: tommyg on September 24, 2010, 12:55:20 PM
Guys.

I reported this problem to Airnav in February, and yet we have still not got a resolution to this issue and it's nearly October. Don't know what's going on with Airnav but its been a slow year for RB updates.

Tommy
Title: Re: Unable to resize 'Preference Box' menu
Post by: AirNav Support on September 24, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
The fix has been done in the latest version, though there are still lots of additions going on to that version before it will be released.

We had a very long beta period of the last release which we hoped would catch any issues. As you can see things like this can escape the net.