AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: SIGINT1 on October 01, 2010, 01:09:21 PM

Title: FAA requiring all civil aircraft to re register
Post by: SIGINT1 on October 01, 2010, 01:09:21 PM
Interesting article - FAA wants to improve accuracy of their database !

http://avstop.com/news_sept_2010/aircraft_owners_need_to_re-register_their_aircraft_tail_number.htm

Title: Re: FAA requiring all civil aircraft to re register
Post by: NF2G on October 01, 2010, 06:06:23 PM
And raise a substantial sum of money, all coming from people wealthy enough to own aircraft and from corporations.  I smell a rat - or a tax, anyway.
Title: Re: FAA requiring all civil aircraft to re register
Post by: Chris11 on October 02, 2010, 04:41:42 PM
I am surprised there is no annual fee already. It is fairly normal world wide for aircraft as for motor vehicles. While I am sure there will be a fee, it will have the effect of idntifying aircraft that have been written off, changed hands, et