On a number of occasions I have the aircraft type displayed buy there is no data at all in the database.
For example 4A0823 - YR-BAC is showing as a B733 - but if I right click it and locate the mode S code in the database there is nothing there. Even if I look at my local database using the database explorer there is no entry for the Mode S code.
This is strange - where does the B733 come from?
Another example - 4BA894 - TC-JDT showing as a B734.
Just realised the reg should also not be showing if the database is blank
Quote from: Chris11 on October 06, 2010, 07:57:53 PMThis is strange - where does the B733 come from?
Some ICAO type codes populate OK from the server, others don't.
B733 is one of the ones that do.
Chris
Just to confirm, both examples are fully detailed in the database
Just another example of the process not working I'm afraid
Regards
Rich
This is being worked on, and with the new version we hope to put this issue to bed. Apologies.
Thanks Airnav - if this happens does it mean the aircraft is in the network database so I need not add the info?