AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: andrewarles on October 25, 2010, 08:24:04 AM

Title: Thunderstorm
Post by: andrewarles on October 25, 2010, 08:24:04 AM
Hi,

Had a thunderstorm last night and since then I am not picking many aircraft up on my RB.  I am now only receiving around 10% of what I normally receive.  I have a DPD external antenna.   Is the problem coming from the antenna or the RB?

Thanks

Andrew
Title: Re: Thunderstorm
Post by: chewycanes on October 25, 2010, 09:09:07 AM
Hi
I suspect its the input to the RB.

Its always adviable to disconnect the RB during any thunderstorms.

I would contact the Airnav support team directly and they will give you a ticket number for your problem and advise you as what needs doing.

Brian
Title: Re: Thunderstorm
Post by: AirNav Development on October 25, 2010, 11:08:47 AM
>Its always adviable to disconnect the RB during any thunderstorms.

Its always adviable to disconnect any electronic device with an outside antenna during any thunderstorms.