AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: paagats on March 11, 2008, 10:04:40 PM

Title: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: paagats on March 11, 2008, 10:04:40 PM
Hi all

I will be traveling overseas this April and was wondering if anybody has had any issues with carrying these units in checked luggage at any airports?

In some countries they don't understand what we do and I don't want to risk some over zealous Customs person confiscating the unit as it looks suspicious.

I am staying at Airport hotels in Hong Kong and Heathrow so will be handy.

Peter
Sydney, Australia
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: Protzenalp on March 12, 2008, 01:21:04 AM
Hi Peter, I have travelled extensively through Asia, Europe and N. America with my SBS-1 (and sometimes my RB) and it has never been a problem. Mostly I have the box itself in my carry-on (I know how suitcases get treated, I once had a part-time job as a baggage-handler when I was at uni) and the wires and stuff in my checked baggage. It has been queried only once in Sydney, but a brief and superficial explanation and I was on my way. Sometimes, if I have too much hand-luggage and do put it in my suitcase I try and put it in a small tin with some bubble-wrap in there. It keeps it warm and cozy! Well, maybe not, but it does protect its somewhat.

Happy travels!

PS Which hotel are you staying at in HK?
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: paagats on March 12, 2008, 01:58:27 AM
Thanks mate.

Hotel at HK is the Regent (I think) at the airport. Club level 8th floor with a good view of the apron etc,

Peter,Sydney
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: AirNav Development on March 12, 2008, 02:25:59 AM
When in HK be connected to the internet and leave the computer running on the hotel room. We want to see traffic there. :-) We have daily sharers in Taiwan and Japan but currently none in HK.

Of course post a topic to the forum before!
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: markyeulett on March 12, 2008, 07:41:39 AM
I havre taken to Spain on a number of occasions and thought I might have had problems so took packaging sleeve cover with me to show authenticity and what it did.  However, no need as no problems but I keep cover in box anyway just in case.
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: markyeulett on March 12, 2008, 07:42:08 AM
in bag that should be
Title: Re: Traveling with RadarBox
Post by: f6gsg on March 12, 2008, 08:55:23 PM
Hi,
No problem in the cabin, i always have the invoice of the engine !!!
or a paper about what is RB.
(but not the antenna)

And one time, i use it on flight !!! for the fun.

(http://www.lesaunier.com/jpg/fin_03.jpg)

Patrick/F6GSG