why is my radarbox losing it's usb connectio?
Have you tried another USB cable?
Is the USB connector on the box loose?
Also have a look at the power saving options for the USB ports.
Alan
it had been working great upstairs.....I moved it to new place and a new antenna NOW I have no end of trouble.
I dont have a different cable...those mini usb plugs are not that great.
Is this a hardware problem? OR a software issue?
The software is showing USB status......
things work good for a few minutes then when there are less signals IT dies.
just trying to convey my observations
The RadarBox can hold a connection for months without issues however the main issue when disconnecting occur is either a faulty USB cable/ extended USB cable which can't carry the signal. Or if you have lots of other electrical equipment around the cable it can cause disconnections.
Try swapping the USB cable or move it away from any other electrical equipment. If you can't move it away it might be best to get some shielded USB cables.
Try a new cable, Maplins etc have them the dont cost much, Its usually the first thing to try.
Alan
it looks like it could be the cable but I cant get one for a day or 2.
is there a way to refresh the connection without unplugging cable?
what are the specifications for a new cable?
What is the name for the small end that plugs into the radarbox? USB mini....not just any store is gonna have a good shielded cable.
thanks
Hi
This is what I use. The mini B plug has 5 pins
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97267#helpfaq
Hope this sorts your problem
nearby flourescent lights sometimes affect my connection, have a look see what's nearby