AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Marinus on March 12, 2008, 04:40:34 PM

Title: Number of Hardware Flights ?
Post by: Marinus on March 12, 2008, 04:40:34 PM
Hello All,

I was wondering on average how many flights you other guys\gals
are receiving when using Airnav Radarbox without the network feature
(Hardware flights only)

In my case:

On average I receive between 35 to 60 flights
highest number of  flights recorded = 91
highest number of messages/sec = 376
Receptionrange about 150NM

Radarbox on outside scannerantenna

Please let me know your stats,

Thanks,

Marinus.
Title: Re: Number of Hardware Flights ?
Post by: AirNav Development on March 12, 2008, 04:47:07 PM
On our V1.4 tests in the London area we recorded up to 1500 msgs/sec and 350 flights on the MyFlights tab. :-) That happens on peak periods of special weekdays. It was simply amazing.
Title: Re: Number of Hardware Flights ?
Post by: Roadrunner on March 12, 2008, 07:01:19 PM
Marinus,

I am in Stevenage and have the standard aerial on my Den (bedroom) window and get aircraft between 80 to 110 miles away in an arc S/SW/W/NW/N and approx 50 miles in other directions. I also vary between 30+ and 70+ local traffic and that with timeouts set at 60 seconds.  Even when I use another devise with a larger aerial it goes up to about 130-150.

Mike