AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: stewart_uk on December 06, 2010, 06:07:56 PM

Title: Money wasted
Post by: stewart_uk on December 06, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
After operating for just over 1 year my RB seems to have decided to give up the ghost.

It will not connect, all I get is 2 flashes of the blue led then nothing.

I have tried different USB ports, 2 computers, unloading/reloading the driver and a different USB lead. All I get is the 2 flashes...

It has been sitting in the same place for that year, but now looks like it will be used as a small black doorstop.

I think I have wasted my money, please prove me wrong !

Stewart
Title: Re: Money wasted
Post by: orkney on December 06, 2010, 06:15:52 PM
Quote from: stewart_uk on December 06, 2010, 06:07:56 PM
but now looks like it will be used as a small black doorstop.

I think I have wasted my money, please prove me wrong !

Stewart

Hello

Although I have thankfully never had to use mine, Airnav do offer a 2 year warranty as standard on Radarboxes so you should just be able to contact support at [email protected] or on the contact form at http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.php and return your box for free repair or replacement. From what I have read The majority of people seem to be pleased with this service.

Andrew
Title: Re: Money wasted
Post by: CoastGuardJon on December 06, 2010, 06:43:20 PM
I have to say, when mine went pop a year ago, it was back within a week - superb!
Title: Re: Money wasted
Post by: AirNav Support on December 06, 2010, 08:30:06 PM
Stewart,

Don't worry, as the others have said it has a 2 year warranty, contact us and we will advise you where to send it.
Title: Re: Money wasted
Post by: stewart_uk on December 07, 2010, 01:57:29 PM
I have been in touch with AirNav Support, and they confirmed the 2 year warranty that applies to the RB product. Following their advice the unit is on it's way to be repaired or replaced.

Many thanks to all who have offered their advice and support.

Stewart

Money NOT wasted...