AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: chewycanes on January 20, 2011, 01:06:51 PM

Title: Delete old data
Post by: chewycanes on January 20, 2011, 01:06:51 PM
Hi
In Mylog-tools there is a selection called 'delete old data'. Can anyone explain exactly what it does and what are the repercussions off doing it ?

Thanks
Brian
Title: Re: Delete old data
Post by: neroon79 on January 20, 2011, 05:56:00 PM
One thing it does is to delete the old routing data of each recorded/tracked AC in your "MyLog" Database. Result of doing this: MyLog Database gets smaller. ANRB Software starts faster. I'm not 100% sure if it's also affecting the "routing Tables" of the Navdata Database.

Remark: I noticed, that if I don't delete old data at least every three to four month the software sooner or later gets unstable and/or the start up takes ages.
On my 24/7 Netbook the "flush" interval is about 3-4Weeks.
Title: Re: Delete old data
Post by: chewycanes on January 20, 2011, 06:01:05 PM
Thanks neroon79
I was beginning to think nobody had used it.
I think i will back up my files and try it.

Brian
Title: Re: Delete old data
Post by: ENKB on January 26, 2011, 10:31:24 PM
Deleted old data now... and what a difference :)   it is actualy possible to do a search in "my log" now .