AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bribahn on January 30, 2011, 01:07:01 PM

Title: 3D View Button missing
Post by: bribahn on January 30, 2011, 01:07:01 PM
Have just purchased AirNav RadarBox 3D.
One plus point is 'it requires no addons'
However I do not have a button for 3D View where it should be next to the Map Button.
If I run the demo version on the Start up page it does have the button and works in 3d fine.
I am connected to the Internet and have Google Earth v5 installed.
The manual page 91 mentions the Google Earth plug in but I assume this is built in?
I am planely missing something obvious but going round in circles.
The 2D works fine.
Any help gratefully received.
Brian
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: RodBearden on January 30, 2011, 01:55:15 PM
Hi Brian

You need to contact Support with your RadarBox serial number (on the base of the box) to have 3D enabled at their end.

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html or
[email protected]

Rod
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: AirNav Support on January 30, 2011, 02:09:31 PM
As Rod says above contact us with your serial.

It should be activated already so we will investigate what the issue is.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: tarnlad on January 31, 2011, 03:55:40 AM
Hi there I am having the exact same problem,my radarbox works fine on my desktop running windows xp, but not on my laptop which is running windows 7.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: Chris11 on January 31, 2011, 07:39:40 AM
The activation is computer linked so that could be the issue. You need to activate the laptop.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: knight01 on January 31, 2011, 10:55:47 AM
The activation is not computer linked and internet is only needed for 3D, The serial number needs to be activated on airnav servers.  I have radarbox installed on 2 computers - 1 desktop, 1 laptop and never needed to activate (no activate button within the software anyway).  Just install, enter the username and password, thats it. 
I also installed it on my friends laptop (Windows 7) to demonstrate the radarbox (he wanted to see before he buys one) and it worked without us being on the internet, I don't subscribe to 3D.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: AirNav Support on January 31, 2011, 11:01:13 AM
It is actually computer linked due to licenses for the Google Api. The activation via the internet doesn't need you to do anything but you only get 2 licenses. So if you have new machine and already installed on two machines you need to contact us to get it reset.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: knight01 on January 31, 2011, 12:10:37 PM
Is that only for 3D?  I only have 2D and I have never experienced activation issues.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: AirNav Support on January 31, 2011, 12:13:41 PM
Only for 3D, this is due to the google license.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: tarnlad on February 01, 2011, 03:11:49 PM
cheers for the help guys,3d working fine now.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: bribahn on February 01, 2011, 04:59:54 PM
Hello Tarnlad what did you do to get 3D working?
Bribahn
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: tarnlad on February 02, 2011, 02:56:14 PM
Hi bribahn I e mailed customer support along with the serial number of the radar box and they sorted it out.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: bribahn on February 02, 2011, 03:49:47 PM
Hello Tarnlad -  Yes I have been in contact with Support and mine was a registration problem. However it has now been sorted out and everything is up and running.
Excellent product - Excellent Service.
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: andrewarles on February 02, 2011, 07:15:53 PM
Bonjour Christian,

Ce sujet n'a rien avoir avec un problème de réception d'un RadarBox, mais on va essayer de vous aider.

Ma première question - pourquoi avez vous acheté un deuxième RadarBox?  Il y a une garantie constructeur de deux ans.

Andrew

PS : Désolé, mais normalement on doit communiquer en Anglais sur ce forum.

Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: CoastGuardJon on February 02, 2011, 08:00:26 PM
Hi Christian and Andrew, I suppose we'd all better start swotting up on our French if we're going timeshare on aircraft carriers, and UK has no bloody planes to fly until 2020 (unless these are cut as well...............)
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: anorak on February 02, 2011, 11:00:00 PM
Sailor Vee   :-)
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: CoastGuardJon on February 02, 2011, 11:12:45 PM
And at least someone will know where Full Astern (reverse gear) is!
Title: Re: 3D View Button missing
Post by: tarnlad on February 03, 2011, 03:22:41 AM
Hi bribahn ditto on the product and service I am glad you/they got it sorted....enjoy!!