AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: btclarke on January 31, 2011, 01:20:19 PM

Title: Datebase Queries...
Post by: btclarke on January 31, 2011, 01:20:19 PM
Hi Guys...

I have a question...

I now run my RB on my laptop, and before that I had it connected to my desktop.

I was not clever enough to copy the database files prior to moving it to my laptop.

So herein lies my question - how can I merge the .db3 files so I see all the data? I have a significant number of 'sightings' obviously stored on my desktop databases.

Thanks
Bryan

Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: Marpleman on January 31, 2011, 08:06:07 PM
Admittedly I'm no techie Bryan, but I would have thought a straightforward "overwrite" by copying your desktop file onto a "usb" stick and then dropping it onto your laptop would suffice?

I seem to recall doing this when I swapped to the laptop after getting too much grief from my "good lady wife" from hogging the desktop 24/7.

I don't think you can merge the files as such though?

hth

rich
Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: ACW367 on January 31, 2011, 08:15:22 PM
You can merge the mylog data but offline from the Radarbox.  Save both your mylogs to your local folders using the 'export to CSV' dropdown on your mylog tools menu bar.

Then open both CSVs using microsoft access, Notepad or the like (it is recommended not to use excel as it struggles with ms codes containing an E like 4001E7).

Paste one onto the bottom of the other and save as a single file for later off Radarbox reference.  Don't think you can re-import the consolidated log in CSV format. However, I believe if you can use SQL there is another method, but that is beyond me.
Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: btclarke on February 02, 2011, 10:53:35 AM
Thanks guys for your feedback and suggestions... I was hoping ANRB would be able to give some clues as to how to merge DB's as I'd like to merge the data into the actual running program db...

Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: tarbat on February 02, 2011, 11:33:45 AM
Quote from: btclarke on February 02, 2011, 10:53:35 AMI was hoping ANRB would be able to give some clues as to how to merge DB's as I'd like to merge the data into the actual running program db...

Sorry, it can't be done without using a database tool such as SQLile Maestro to export/import.  Been discussed before at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2933.msg26501#msg26501
Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: btclarke on February 02, 2011, 12:36:32 PM
Hi Tarbat, thanks. I did search, but I did not find that.

Perhaps in future versions a method of importing/exporting data would be possible.
Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: Aerotower on February 02, 2011, 12:36:40 PM
You can use SQLite Manager for Mozilla Firefox, is free.
Title: Re: Datebase Queries...
Post by: btclarke on February 02, 2011, 12:38:02 PM
Quote from: Aerotower on February 02, 2011, 12:36:40 PM
You can use SQLite Manager for Mozilla Firefox, is free.

I *literally* have just installed that and about to try it...!!!