Hi,
I have just installed Radar Box Pro. How do I go about joing the live network? Do I pay a subscription. Thanks for any advice.
Hi delconair and welcome, if you've bought it brand new, network (5 min. delayed) subscription is included, you have to pay extra for Real-Time. I'd suggest you try the delayed network out before paying extra for RT, everything you receive through your own Box is live - RT with no delay.
I should've added, you'll need your Serial No. and unique code off the CD label (keep this safely) to register on Network site and access network, and also tick the box at bottom of network flight page to connect and download.
Just purchased Radar Box Pro.
I am not able to see any aircraft on the network.
The network box is "Yellow"
Hve you ticked the box bottom left corner of the network page marked " Get Flights From Radarbox Network" ?
Alan
Hi CoastGuardJon.
Thanks for the advice. Status at the moment. clicked on Network, ticked to receive radarbox network, all indicators show green waited more than the allotted time, still no taffic showing. I did note however my account status shows, 'Pre- created account not yet activated' Ps.click on my flights shows a couple of a/c. all advice & help most welcome.
Many Thanks,
delconair.
I think an email to support may help. mailto:
[email protected]Alan
Runway 31.
Thanks doing it now. Cheers.
Del.
Hi Delconair, as Alan says above should get you sorted, it's almost 2 years since I activated mine, so it's fast disappearing in the mists of time. I'm a little concerned that you say you're getting only a couple of flights showing in My Flights, so what is your location and where have you got the twig situated. If you have a lap-top, it would probably be well worth going mobile to a local high point and see what you get there. I'm currently showing only 17, which is low for this time of day at my location and only 809 on network, more usually 1000 or more.
CoastGuardJon, Hi,
e-mailed support, I'll wait and see what they say.Location about 7ml,west of Worthing,well within Worthing air corridor.I should really be seeing plenty of SIDS & STARS, out of EGKK. What does show can be tracked roughly to waypoint 'Drake' mid-channel, FL390. Line of sight not to good for the twig, as you put it. 1000 or more for you, your lucky, I can't get one!! at the moment. I'll persevere and if I get this sorted satisfactorily I'll consider more addons. Cheers, Del.
delconair,
Did you get a ticket id when you contacted support, if so please PM to us and we don't see a query from you in support yet.
Hi Del, have you got your antenna inside or out - you should be getting more than you say in that location. Once you're registered and able to access the network you'll see hundreds if not 1000+, depending on how many you pick up live.
AirNav Support,
Whats a ticket id? I'm sorry I don't know what it is, nor, what it looks like. Sounds a little foolish of me, also what does 'PM you' mean, I did e-mail you. God this is probably all my fault. Still need help.
Go to the link below and fill in the form
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
Hello delconair, I`ll ask matron to let you have the same medicine as the rest of us, it works sometimes. :-)
Hi Anorak,
Make it quick, God I need it. Double dose please!!
Hi Del, don't worry about it, when you log a problem with AN you get alloacted a virtual "ticket" no., PM is Personal Message.
CoastGuardJon,
Now I know what a PM is I should have guessed.Now the GOOD news my screen is full of network Flts,everything working perfectly it's astounding.Terrific response from the support chaps, a job very well done,not forgetting you guys for all the help and advice you gave. Ps. To "Anorak. "medicine not now required" 965 Flts and counting.
My Thanks To You All,
Delconair.
Hi Del, glad to hear you're up and running on the network - I'm currently 1 on My Flights and 385 on the network! Let us know what you get tomorrow daytime on My Flights, I would expect you to be around 45 - 50 afternoon time?
Hello Alan,
Yes the box "get network flights" is ticked.
I just sent an email to the support folks.
Thanks. John
CoastGuardJon Hi,
Update for you. Timed 1439Hrs. My Flts, 5. Network Flts 1406. I suspect my flts low because of the antenna position, any suggestions as to addons I may use to increase it, at the moment line of sight is probably the cause, but until I discover ways or means to improve it I'll make do, in the meantime all suggestions welcome. There must be a mind of info out there amongst the members.
Thanks
Del.
Hi Del, can you get the standard twig outside onto a high point, if not, as I suggested before can you go mobile and give it a try, I'm sure you'll be amazed at the difference. Permanent solution is to erect a good exterior antenna with good quality heavy gauge co-ax.
http://www.maplin.co.uk/radar-rama-1090mhz-base-antenna-for-airnav-radarbox-352366?c=froogle&u=352366&t=module
http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/RADAR-COM-20_RADAR-EXTENDER_Antenna__A12-1090__BT-12__all_necessary_coax_leads_20m.html
http://www.capitalstores.co.uk/airnav-50cm-external-antenna-for-radarbox-kinetics-rb-1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=googlebase
and the one I'd recommend, very well built and helpful manufacturer supplier, who'll make up downlead.
http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm
CoastGuardJon Hi,
I had a feeling this would be the case unfortunately circumstances won't permit the use of raised outside antenna,rules & regs you know. I wonder, I have a sat link (1 & 2) inc, the normal sat connection for T.V do you think it possible to connect my antenna via a splitter and draw down on that, only a thought. Also thinking on adding Acar/Selcal, but will it rely on my antenna, or through the network, anyhow thanks for the lists. I should have my wireless receiver up and running shortly. Cheers. Del.
Hi De
Quote from: delconair on February 11, 2011, 08:29:21 PM
circumstances won't permit the use of raised outside antenna,rules & regs you know.
The antenna for 1090 is unobtrusive and could be painted to camoflague/disappear. I really can't understand the mentality that allows quite hideous satellite and mobile phone masts, but would object to a 15" twig. What sort of rules and regs are you subject to? Do you have problem neighbours that would report you - any TV or FM radio aerials around you?
As we're dealing with very short wavelengths - 27cms, the signals are killed by most structures, trees, leaves etc. and no amount of pre-amp will get over it. It really is line if sight stuff. A decent antenna and as clear a view for signal detection is the key to this hobby, have you any trees nearby that could be used to site and hide an antenna, any telegraph poles around?
CoastGuardJon Hi,
Got quite a start when I saw the highlighted "Quote" I think you guessed right on the problem. Changing the subject a little, do you have Navigraph n DAC3 on your computer? great for all matters dealing with sid/stars/enroute charts, etc. Thanks for the reply.
Del.
Hi
I have exactly the same problem
I have sent an E-mail to support but no reply yet ( only the auto response one )
If you have a reply to this problem Please post the answer
Regards
Chris
Quote from: delconair on February 10, 2011, 02:59:03 PM
Hi CoastGuardJon.
Thanks for the advice. Status at the moment. clicked on Network, ticked to receive radarbox network, all indicators show green waited more than the allotted time, still no taffic showing. I did note however my account status shows, 'Pre- created account not yet activated' Ps.click on my flights shows a couple of a/c. all advice & help most welcome.
Many Thanks,
delconair.
Hi Chris, try PM-ing Support, seems to get better results than email.
try here http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
Alan