A new navdata.db3 installation is now available:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/DBUpdater/ANRBDBUpdater20110313.exe
Changes: New/Updated aircraft table;
One more time this has been the result of an amazing work developed by our database updaters volunteer team.
Notes:
1- This installer copies your existing navdata.db3 file to navdata-backup.db3 so you can keep a copy/backup of your previous file;
2- It then replaces your existing database with the new one;
3- A new updated airport database is included;
4- It is important to note that these periodic navdata.db3 releases do not intend to replace the work we will do on the RadarBox client application which will include an auto-update feature and some other requests made by our users and database updaters team;
Hope you enjoy it.
Will this 3RD version work with 3D?..........
cheers
Bob
It has been beta tested to work with any RadarBox version.
Quote from: AirNav Development on March 14, 2011, 03:37:32 PM
It has been beta tested to work with any RadarBox version.
Thanks, I will wait awhile then...........
Dev
Great to see a further release!
Hopefully this further update will herald a regular release of the work from the updating team, as corrections and further additions are worked through?
Hats off to the guys from the team once again
Regards
Rich
The first time I used the updater, I drilled down too far - to the Data folder, and it created a new subfolder of that, called Data, where it put the updated file.
Still, in this version, it does the same thing. The second screen shows me it's going to do that, and says "Click the Back button to review/change settings" but this still doesn't work, so it keeps doing the wrong thing :-(
PLEASE get this working for the next update.
And I still can't choose to not update my Airlines table.
Not a happy Rod
The new navdata.db3 file installed in the correct folder, but nothing displayed onscreen other than the Mode S info from the box. No data displayed when opening the Database Explorer.
Using the back-up navdata.db3 and all is normal again.
Jim
Jim,
Did you have radarbox off when you installed. If not, switch off run the installer and switch back on radarbox.
Radarbox needs to be off when installing the update and the installer should advise of this.
Alan
I did shut down the program when doing the initial install. After your response, I decided to give it another try. I shut down the program again. This time, I looked in the Task Manager and noticed the ANRB.exe process was still active. Don't know why, but decided to reboot 'cuz it's been awhile. After the reboot, I did not start the ANRB app, but instead repeated the navdata.db3 install. I started the app and all is well with the new database. Must be one of those Windows things???
Jim
Glad all is OK now
Alan
Please can anyone tell me whether this latest version will replace all my hard-earned routes again?
I just can't get this to work and I would prefer to avoid a re-install as Marpleman suggested on another thread based on his experience.
I'm running Win 7 on a nearly new laptop. Radarbox was not connected when I installed. After installing I simply get the same number of frames - just over 80K. The Navdata.db3 file is in my datafolder and is 46758 kb in size.
Help gratefully received!
Dave
Bratters, yes. As already advised by Airnav until the next version comes on line, the new Navdata over writes everyting. If you dont want anything over written dont install the update.
Alan
Thanks Alan. Glad I asked but you've got to admit that this is confusing:
Quote "A new navdata.db3 installation is now available:
Changes: New/Updated aircraft table;" Unquote
Further down there is this: "A new updated airport database is included;"
Writing straightforward unambiguous instructions in plain English seems to be a lost art.
Quote from: Blincodave on March 14, 2011, 06:20:03 PMI'm running Win 7 on a nearly new laptop. Radarbox was not connected when I installed. After installing I simply get the same number of frames - just over 80K. The Navdata.db3 file is in my datafolder and is 46758 kb in size.
What folder is Radarbox installed in?
Thats the tables that have been updated, none of the others have. The others will get the same data as before.
Alan
Dave,
I noted on the other thread you have running on this issue that you have 2 Navdata files linked to Aerodata RB analyser. Maybe that could be your problem in the the link isnt letting go of the Navdata to allow it to be updated. Would anyone care to comment on this possibility.
Marpleman also has the Aerodata RB analyser and its maybe more than a co-incidence.
Alan
it didnt do anything to the 3d models still the same alot of missing aircraft has anyone this problem downloaded the new update
Rashers, its only the aircraft tables and airports that have been updated, nothing to do with models.
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on March 14, 2011, 07:43:12 PM
Rashers, its only the aircraft tables and airports that have been updated, nothing to do with models.
Alan
Hi Alan,
this is the reason I will NOT update as yet, because the 1st update that was released somehow messes up all the 3d models & very few of the liveries are to be seen, there was a test someone was doing to try & correct the problem but I am unaware of any outcome for this........... & we are now at the 3rd update & it looks like the problem still persists, I dont think anyone is suggesting its a fault with the data, more a software issue for those using 3d & trying to update!!!....
cheers
Bob
can somebody give a list of what airports have been updated ?
have installed the update ( with no problems ) but i can't find anything different so far for the airports
With help from Andrewarles I've managed to restore my airlines table into the updated database using the nice little Firefox addon called SQLite Manager - quite straightforward for doing what I wanted to do.
Thank goodness I'm good at backing up my data - as far as I can tell, because of the inability to change the update destination, the update isn't backing up my database.
AirNav - this isn't good enough!
EDIT - but Updaters - many thanks for your effort - the aircraft data looks great.
Rod
Rod,
As explained the update was designed to users who haven't changed there Navdata file and looking for updates or who don't have access to the internet all the time and looking for an updated file.
The updates to certain tables only was not in this plan. Those are part of the major changes to the software for the next version.
rashers,
Can you give us the aircraft type and the airline that you are noting that don't have textures from this update please?
Support - I appreciate that, but the inability to change the update destination after I first got it wrong is a bug that should surely be easy to fix.
Rod
Yes that is fair enough and we agree that needs to be changed.
thanks alan for info on update lets hope they sort out 3d problem soon getting annoying at this stage starting to forget 3d is there im using 2d so much
keith
Rashers, which aircraft type and airline are coloured white?
Alan
sorry bout geting back so late alan air france lufthansa a lot of planes just white cont and british airways to
Rashers, to try and help you can you be more specific, is it all Air France and Lufthansa aircraft types which have the livery missing or just some. Can you advise which aircraft types do not have a livery for each airlines.
Each airline has the following aircraft types with liveries in the database:
Air France, A318, A319, A320, A321, A332, A343, B744, B773
Lufthansa, A319, A320, A321, A333, A343, A346, B735, B744, MD11.
Which of these are showing without a livery.
Alan
Of course Air France do not operate B773, they only have B772 and B77W and also the Lufthansa Cargo MD11 operate using the GEC callsign not the DLH callsign
Exactly, given that there is no B77W in the models folder and and DLH dont have MD'11's I would think that this will be a reason why some models dont show a livery.
The B77W is a big omission.
I have asked Airnav if it would be OK to create a B77W folder in the GE Models folder and move the Air France B773 livery to it but I have not received and answer. As they havent answered I created a B77W folder and moved the Emirates B773 livery into it. I will find out at lunchtime when the daily flight arrives into Glasgow whether it will work or not,
Rashers, still waiting for an answer to try and assist.
Alan
Wewll creating the B77W folder for the Emirates didnt work, it was still grey.
Alan
Alan
Agreed there were and continues to be alot of omissions from the 3D release models. We still don't know who supplied the details as to which operators to include against the various codes and why some non-ICAO codes were chosen. I am surprised this wasn't picked up during testing and wonder how this got signed off when alot of them were wrong. Another great example alongside the B773 example is operators of Avro RJ like SWR and BEL having the liveries allocated against B462 and B463 in the 3D software. They do not operate 146-200 or 146-300 only Avro RJ.
Your changeover to a new B77W folder must have partially worked. Previously with no B77W model folder, you would only have had the dots for every B77W picked up in 3D. If you now got a greyed out model it proves the adding of this folder changes those dots to models, albeit greyed out with no livery.
my whole 3d sems to be screwed up when i zoom in to london its only showing ryanairs and easyjets 737s no other companys only pins no models when i click on a dep getting the red lines out of airport no plane only pins beside it can ypu help alan im not good with computers im having the same problems with 3d as with other users as on previous page same symtoms
Getting some serious thread drift here, by myself included. Shall we let this thread return to the subject of the latest Navdata release.
Posts on 3D GE Models and the reason for their non-appearence are I think better placed on this thread:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5955.0
Airnav Development will be better placed to find all the info and reporting they need in one place, rather than spread across many different threads. It also gives them one place to report the progress of their investigation and proposed fixes.
Thanks GYJOHN