Poll
Question:
Do you use the original supplied aerial as your base aerial?
Option 1: Yes - It works fine for me
votes: 19
Option 2: Yes, but I'm planning to change
votes: 13
Option 3: No - I got another one and erected it myself
votes: 31
Option 4: No - I got another one and had it fitted for me
votes: 11
We haven't had a poll for ages - so here's one.
Rod
Hi Rod, I'm missing a 5th option in the poll: Yes and No, I'm using both aerials, but on different occasions. Mainly I'm using a more "powerful" one for my 24/7 home-station and once in a while the original one for "mobile" actions or on holidays.
I would second Neroon with that.
Alan
Ingo - I thought about that, but I assumed that anyone with an extra aerial would still carry on with the supplied one when travelling, like I do.
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on March 17, 2011, 10:20:20 AM
Ingo - I thought about that, but I assumed that anyone with an extra aerial would still carry on with the supplied one when travelling, like I do.
Rod
I use :D
next option : No - I designed and built another one and erected it myself
Dxman - that counts as a number 3!
Rod
As 1) states "it works fine for me". Choosing options 2,3 or 4 may suggest that the original supplied aerial didn't work fine ?
My originally supplied aerial worked fine, but I elected to fit an external aerial simply to increase reception. As I erected it myself I am tempted to vote for 3), but am very nervous of doing so as I fear this could imply that I am suggesting the originally supplied aerial was something other than "fine". I'd hate to be banned or criticised by other forum users for what could be perceived as a negative comment towards AN, whereas this is not the case at all. Just to reiterate (before I get flamed by the usual people !) , the originally supplied aerial is fine. In fact it is more than fine, I can't even think of a suitable superlative adjective to describe it.
I have no choice but to use a external aerial because I am in such a bad dip!
J.
I also would vote 1 and 3 if I could. Yes, the original supplied aerial works fine for me, and I use it when mobile. When at home, I've got another one and erected it myself.
This really needs to be a poll that allows multiple selections.
Quote from: tarbat on March 20, 2011, 08:25:26 AM
I also would vote 1 and 3 if I could. Yes, the original supplied aerial works fine for me, and I use it when mobile. When at home, I've got another one and erected it myself.
Same for me.
And me
Alan
Hi Rod, 1 & 4 for me, I don`t do DIY and the Wife wouldn`t go up the ladder I was holding, just after I`d done the accident insurance.
Dave.
Nice one Dave!
OK - I've changed the question to make it clearer (I hope).
As I said in reply #3, I assume that folk with an extra aerial for their base (home) setup will still use the supplied aerial when mobile.
Rod