I just saw in the Shiptrax forum that a delay, until June has been announced for the release of the Shiptrax box
Perhaps of interest to us lot is their statement regarding continuing development of their other projects including radarbox.
"Until the first batches arrive the spare developers will be working on other products to make sure they are not held up by this delay". Let s hope for news on the radarbox soon; MLAT?
Let's hope so.
What I would like is a wireless Radarbox. I have an ideal location for an antenna but it is a bit far for a cable. Now if I could mount a remote wireless Radarbox in that position I would have far better coverage.
Hi Chris - you don't say how far "a bit far" is but as your box can be sited right next to your aerial, a long USB might be your answer.
These guys are claiming a 45 mtr run - a good distance if it works.
http://www.nti1.co.uk/usbc5.html
Maybe an opportunity to fix some bugs that are historically hindering the Database update team???
ICAO's not correct
Photolinks to dubious incorrect pictures?
Rich
The bugs obviosly remain the first priority, but we have heard nothing since giving Airnav very detailed reporting and analysis of their nature again five weeks ago.
Of course they now only have 7.5 months to release those five brand new projects also, so I think they will have been burning the midnight oil for weeks now.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5747.msg59212#msg59212
I am quite surprised they have not provided an update here yet. Normally they are very quick to highlight positive steps in the progressing of products.
Work is ongoing, for several reasons we are keeping tight lipped about a few products etc.. We would love to tell but it doesn't make commerical sense to let the cat out of the bag just yet.
Has anyone checked in the bag to see if the cat's still alive???
Only joking!!!
Fingers crossed it's worth the wait?
Quote from: AirNav Support on April 13, 2011, 10:08:01 PM
Work is ongoing, for several reasons we are keeping tight lipped about a few products etc.. We would love to tell but it doesn't make commerical sense to let the cat out of the bag just yet.
Think Airnav should do one thing as top priority...
Fix all current issues within Radarbox before spending time introducing more with new products/features.
You've already lost me as a customer to another product because I can't see anytime soon issues being fixed that have been raised over a year ago.
Fix the issues and gain better PR, keep customers.
i second that.
Quote from: Marpleman on April 13, 2011, 10:16:23 PM
Has anyone checked in the bag to see if the cat's still alive???
Only joking!!!
Fingers crossed it's worth the wait?
Has the cat not got nine lives, or nine months/years?.