Hi, I am using AirNav RadarBox PRO, I am located near CYUL Dorval airport but somehow my map is not aligned properly, that CYUL airport shows on the river. See attached files. How can I correct this?
Thanks in advance.
Robert
Hi Robert and welcome to the forum.
Annoying, isn't it? There are many airports in RadarBox that appear to be bobbing around in lakes, rivers and oceans. The built-in map is only a rough one, and not very high resolution. There are two solutions. 1 Use the 3D version with Google Earth - that's nice and accurate, but you don't have that, so: 2 - download outlines (or create your own) and add them to RadarBox.
I recently did an outline of Montreal islands here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5405.msg63818#msg63818, and you can also get it and an outline of the airport layout from my zip of all the RadarBox outlines on my downloads page here: http://rodb.gofreeserve.com/RadarBox/Downloads.htm
Oops - forgot a third option - use the Satellite Layer (from the Map menu) to download a satellite image of the area. More info on this option here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1294.30
Better than nothing! Hope that helps.
Rod
Or you can download a Sat map via RadarBox Pro and that should make it a bit better.
We didn't provide a high resolution map as its puts a considerable amount of pressure on your CPU when you have a large area showing. We are looking into techniques to get around this as few cases such as your self have appeared which aren't fully useable.
Thanks for all answers.
Another Dumb question from a newb. Where and how do you get these satellite maps?
I would kill for a satellite map of the Toronto/MIssissauga area where CYYZ is located.
regards,
Quote from: CYYZGUY on April 16, 2011, 03:14:06 PM
Where and how do you get these satellite maps?
Map > Satellite Layer > Download
For details see the link in my first reply.
Rod