AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Mike Thomas on April 21, 2011, 07:52:20 AM

Title: Reception
Post by: Mike Thomas on April 21, 2011, 07:52:20 AM
I live in Mid Wales, LLandrindod Wells . Before I buy one I wondered if there is anybody in this area who has one. Want to know if it's viable and reception is good.
Thank you






- Removed post code for privacy reasons. (AirNav Support)
Title: Re: Reception
Post by: AirNav Support on April 21, 2011, 08:11:07 AM
Hi Mike,

Your local area and the brecon beacons close by do look like they will affect your reception.

Ideally you want your antenna to have a clear view of the horizon. Where will you place your antenna (will it be indoor, externally mounted)?
Title: Re: Reception
Post by: tarbat on April 21, 2011, 11:22:48 AM
Even with 100nm range, you'll see quite a lot.  This screenshot shows current activity.

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5228/5639873837_68e63766fd_m_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5639873837/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5639873837/sizes/o/in/photostream/