AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: puddy on May 02, 2011, 10:16:22 PM

Title: Pop up message
Post by: puddy on May 02, 2011, 10:16:22 PM
Hi

This is the first problem I have had since owning my radar box for 14 months.

I keep getting this pop up message* see attachments

It does not effect the running of the Radar Box software, i have tried deleting and re-installing but it still pops up
I have been thought reg edit
I do not get this pop up or any other pop up messages when using my laptop

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kind regards

Puddy

Dell studio 1555 Laptop (rebuilt End april 2011)
320Gb hard drive (52gb used)
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 series 1/2 gb ram
8GB DDR2 Ram
Optiarc RW AD-7670S Ata Slot Drive
HD 1080p Screen
2XIntel 2.40 intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600
Tandberg RDX External Tape Drive 320GB Drive
Dell OEM Windows 7 Ultimate Edition
Active Disk Ver 5 Backup Drive Will do Bare Metal Recovery Software
Draytek 2710n Adsl Router
319 meter telephone line to exchange sync rate 8128
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: AirNav Support on May 02, 2011, 10:26:28 PM
Hi Puddy,

Not seen this before, did a quick google check on "bad image" and the dll mentioned and they seem suggest that it may be a virus which is creating that pop up to make it associate with another process.

Run a anti virus scan.

Just to make clear to others, RadarBox software does NOT contain a virus.
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: puddy on May 02, 2011, 10:43:40 PM
I thanks for the quick reply

Its impossable for my computer to get a virus  I use Panda Global Protection 2011 and I run a virus check twice aday. Panda also runs in the back ground

I also chose to delete instead of cleaning and making safe no virus can ever stay on my laptop.

Puddy
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: AirNav Support on May 03, 2011, 08:11:27 AM
The issue is not an RadarBox specific issue its a computer issue. A quick search of google shows its either a virus or spyware which has caused the problem.

Try doing a search and doing some of the steps they have mentioned.
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: Runway 31 on May 03, 2011, 08:27:22 AM
Impossible is a very big claim as no virus scanner will stop every virus/malware threat as not many if any can claim 100% effectiveness.  Also spyware causes problems and it is very possible for spyware to get in undetected.  I would also suggest sweeping your computer with a spyware detector such as Lavasoft Adaware or Spybot search and destroy on a regular basis as well as using a virus checker.

The advice given by Airnav is worth following.

Alan
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: puddy on May 03, 2011, 07:45:25 PM
I ran both program on my computerit took a couple of hours, it says my computer has no virus's at all yet I still get the pop up message

Guess I will have to re install windows 7 and take it from their

I did say my anti-virus panda global protection 2011 was good

I think this could be a problem with using my RDX drive to do a bare metal recovery its the only thing that could be causing the problem

It was fine before at least its not a virus

Puddy
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: gazza_TT on May 03, 2011, 08:22:33 PM
Puddy Hi,
If you are restoring data from a backup then there is a chance you may be  also restoning the problems you currently have from the backup . If you have the time and can reinstall the OS from scratch then you are pretty much assured you will not be re introducing problems you are describiing.

Cheers
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: puddy on May 04, 2011, 12:21:28 PM
I think you are miss understanding me the airnav box was working ok without problems before the RDX drive was tested.

It seems this message comes up after being restored and not before

For some reason I dont get this message until anrb starts for the 2nd time.  ANRB works fine and their are no issue just a nagging pop up.

The computer is virus free which is reassuring at least

Puddy
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: tarbat on May 04, 2011, 12:28:23 PM
I guess you could try running a Windows repair from startup..
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: puddy on May 04, 2011, 12:38:22 PM
I will give it a try

Kind regards

Puddy
Title: Re: Pop up message
Post by: Runway 31 on May 04, 2011, 01:02:30 PM
I think I am picking you up in that you state there was not a problem until you ran the RDX drive.  Looking at the error message and having googled ntshrui.dll and had a look around, it may be that it is the software for your RDX drive which is causing the problem.

Alan