Hi,
A few weeks back I contacted support about a few issues I was having with alerts and was told that the issue had been copied across to the tech department, and it was possible that a new patch would be released in 2-4 weeks
Just wondered if there was any update for this?
The only time I ever look at my box is if I receive an alert, so I'm just not using it at the moment
Thanks
Best to reply to the ticket you got to your email so we can see what the actual issue was.
The alerts system on the server hasn't been changed and neither has the software so if your are suddenly not seeing alerts best to check what's been entered and any spam checker blocking emails.
I set up audio, email and pop up alerts, all 3 worked, the next day the email and pop up alerts didn't work.
Airnav replied quickly saying "We have copied your report and passed it to our technical department. They will have a look at it and possibly a new patch will be released in 2 to 4 weeks"
Are you now saying that as nothing has changed on the alert server it must be something at my end?
Yes, nothing has been changed on the server, we have confirmed that during the period.
The popup alerts don't have anything to do with the server so they should work regardless.
How long have the alerts been working fine?
A couple of days, was a fresh instal
Did you add further entries to your alerts tab? such as different aircraft or change the conditions?
No, I didn't add or delete or in anyway change the list of aircraft
I presume you have checked that everything is ticked that should be ticked especially the alerts you mention.
Alan
Thanks Alan, but everything is as it should be.
They all worked fine for about 2 years before I had to reinstall, so no clue as to why they aren't working now
Airnav,
I've been waiting 2 days for some more support from you, have you any more suggestions or am I on my own trying to work out why your software doesn't work?
Thanks
Have a look at
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6143.0
Great, thanks for finally letting me know something rather than just having me believe that nothing was happening. I feel incredibly let down by Airnav support, especially having recommended and demo'd my box to about 10 people over the course of the last 2 years!
I first raised this issue on March 22nd, glad to see I might finally be able to use my box for what it's supposed to do!: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6022.0
pwfu
We are sorry you feel that way but this is exactly why we say not to use the forum for support requests. We cannot deal and track multiple issues from people on the forum as threads get posted on all the time and we don't always know which are resolved or not. Please in future if you have a support issue contact us through our email or ticket system, that way its tracked and we know whether the issue is still open.
The issue in this case is that reports are being sent fine at certain periods, not that nobody has been able to send reports for a month. This has made it harder for us to diagnose.
Our presence on the forums should reassure you that we don't ignore customers and we do our best to provide a great customer service.
I asked on the forum because things had gone quiet from the support email.
And, far from me being pedantic, but if you click on the support button from within the RadarBox part of your website there is a link to the forum, underneath which it states that: (the) "AirNav RadarBox forum is where users report problems"
Is anyone else having problems with alerts? I ask as I would have thought that if there was an issue with alerts everyone who uses them would be suffering the same problem.
Regarding the link at reply 10, what is the significance of emails as against alerts.
Alan
Quote from: Runway 31 on May 13, 2011, 04:45:18 PMIs anyone else having problems with alerts? I ask as I would have thought that if there was an issue with alerts everyone who uses them would be suffering the same problem.
No problem with alerts here. Email alerts received okay, alert box pops up okay.
I would suspect something to do with the original posters reported re-install of the software.
Another week has gone by, and yet still no support?
The email issues with alert emai reports was rectified with the server changes. We haven't had any further complaints since then regarding emails.
If your alerts are not be displayed or picked up please check that there are no gaps between the details you entered in the alerts. Try removing some if you are unsure and entering details of an aircraft which is already on your screen to confirm its working. The enter the rest of your alerts carefully.
We have had a few cases where customers are entering a large amount of alerts, in these cases occasionaly alerts will get missed if you are being alerted every 2 seconds.
If it doens't work pwfu, can you send us a screenshot of what your alert tab looks like and we will try entering the same and running some tests.
Thank you
The email alert issue that you fixed has nothing to do with the issue that I'm having.
Also, I should be getting about 10 alerts a day. The audio alert picks everything up, yet there's no pop up or email.
Will email a screenshot later after I've finished rebuilding the laptop once more
Screen shot now attached.
Same thing happened after reinstall of entire system. Works fine until reboot. The only other thing installed is TeamViewer, nothing else at all.
Thanks
Any more thoughts Airnav?
How long is your list of registrations? Does look like a large number, it may be over the limit.
Of the top of my head I can't answer, but it's the same list that's been running on the previous box since 2008
Quote from: pwfu on May 31, 2011, 11:12:38 AM
Of the top of my head I can't answer, but it's the same list that's been running on the previous box since 2008
Did you type all the registrations in yourself, or did you copy/paste from somewhere else? If the latter, maybe there's some invalid hidden characters in there somewhere.
Thanks tarbat. It comes from the same Access query that's been populating it for the last 2 years.
I run it through a commercially available aircraft database, then an enthusiast database as well, and always read through it line by line before I paste it in, so I'd be very surprised if there were some invalid characters.
Can somebody please let me know what the registry settings are for the pop up email alerts are please?
I did ask this back in April on the forum but didn't get a response. It looks like the 'checkbox' items, but if somebody can let me know then I can go ahead and manually edit the registry
Thanks
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5328.msg53390#msg53390
Quote from: pwfu on May 31, 2011, 01:16:07 PMI run it through a commercially available aircraft database, then an enthusiast database as well, and always read through it line by line before I paste it in, so I'd be very surprised if there were some invalid characters.
Invalid characters could also include a CR/LF type sequence (for example).
I understand that, but like I say, nothing has changed in the query at all. But thanks for the suggestion, appreciate you trying to help
Quote from: pwfu on May 31, 2011, 03:56:57 PM
I understand that, but like I say, nothing has changed in the query at all. But thanks for the suggestion, appreciate you trying to help
No problem. Suggest you try the link to registry information then.
Be careful with the registry settings, we don't like giving those details out as it could cause more trouble than its worth.
I would suggest removing half of the registrations your alerting to and check whether it then works correctly. This could be case of the amount or the characters in the list.
It's ok, I'm an MSCE
I've just turned it on again and it's deleted all of the alerts for me, unticked all of the check boxes and removed the link to the wav!
pwfu a couple of questions:
1. What operating system.
2. What installation path.
Losing settings that are stored in the Registry could be a problem associated with UAC/Virtual Store.
It's just a standard XP SP3 installation, so installed the usual way
Airnav ~ Please let me know what the registry checkbox items are for the pop up and email alerts.
This has been going on for over a month now, and you've done very little to help
Many thanks to everybody else that has chipped in with suggestions though, it's very much appreciated
pwfu,
As suggested we do not advice playing with the registry settings and won't mention the details on the forum as a few customers who may not have enough knowledge of the registry might follow them and cause more problems and blame us. You can contact us directly and we will be able to give you more details with the warnings associated.
What we have suggested first is that you add a few alerts and check whether the functionality is working fine with just a few. If that is the case we can confirm the alerts are working but either the amount of rules you have set up are too many or there is a mistake in the list causing problems.
And I pointed out that i'm an MSCE, so could you please stop wasting my time and PM the details please?
I asked on the forum over 2 years ago about the alert limits and you told me that there wasn't really one.
I also replied to your post about reducing the alerts and pointed out that the next time that I ran the box they had dsisapeard
As with anything you save to the registry there will be limits said if you enter more than 255 characters. We never anticipated customers would be using the alerts system for many alerts such as you have described.
We will get a support team to send you the details to registry.
Many thanks, I'd very much appreciate it if you could make sure that that's done pretty soon
Incidentally, I used to have over a thousand aircraft in my alerts and it worked fine. The system was very slow, but it worked none the less
Quote from: pwfu on June 02, 2011, 09:31:37 AM
Airnav ~ Please let me know what the registry checkbox items are for the pop up and email alerts.
Whilst I'm not Airnav, I thought I'd already given you the link to information about where these are stored in the Registry - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6136.msg66145#msg66145
Why did I bother :(
EDIT: In case you can't follow the link:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\memo3text and others
Sorry tarbat, I was reading on my bb and missed the link
The setting that control if the email and pop up alerts aren't controlled by the registry though
Airnav,
It's now been over 2 months since this has been going on and still no resolution
Your last message to me asked me to try something and get back to you which i did within 10 minutes, and 2 and half weeks later I'm still waiting for a response.
So far all of your suggestions have been at worst intellectually insulting, at best shown that you haven't bothered reading what I've been telling you
I appreciate that it's not possible to test in every environment and that things like this can happen, but as a customer I expect that you at least take an interest in why it's not working as it should and try and help
Hi Sir,
We have been in contact with you regarding the problem and have tried to help. We did provide you with extra registry details that we usually don't do. We didn't ignore the issue and have tried to suggest items and tests. We are sorry that you felt some of our ideas were insulting but we deal with customers who little computer knowledge and have to start with the basics.
Regarding this issue, we haven't been able to replicate the problems you are having.
The important thing you have to understand is that the software was working fine on your older machine and even your current one for a few days. This shows the software is fine and working correctly and so are our servers. The only item which could have changed is either your input (the alert reg etc..) containing characters or spaces. (We did ask you to enter only a few and test etc..) Or something has changed on your machine causing it to affect the RadarBox software, though you didn't mention any software changes on your machine.
The latter item is very hard for us to replicate, there is very little for us to go on and it makes it very hard for us to find the issue.
pwfu, it might be useful to export the registry entries, and post the file as an attachment so we can see if there's anything unusual about your alerts setup. Export everything from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB and post as a text attachment and I'll take a look.
EDIT: Best to edit out the registration details in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\Registration