AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: FL350 on May 17, 2011, 04:49:39 AM

Title: Hello from KJFK
Post by: FL350 on May 17, 2011, 04:49:39 AM
I bought an ANRB a few weeks ago and have had a great time getting familiar with it. I'm 5 nm from KJFK right under a busy approach, so this has taken my plane spotting experience to a new level indeed!

I've learnt a good deal from reading this board and my regards to all here.

The DPD vertical is now in hand and I hope to begin the upgrade very soon. I'm also looking to set up a dedicated machine for the box as well. Our peak times here are of course quite busy and oftentimes more than half of my returns are ADS-B (not bad for America, really).

I've temporally mounted the stock antenna quite low in comparison to the slated spot of the DPD vertical, so here's hoping that the new hardware and much higher physical location will be worth the effort and enjoyable to all. As it stands for the moment, when I switch off hardware processing it appears that I'm already filling a sizable void on the network.

I only wish I had known about this earlier!

Cheers!
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: AirNav Support on May 17, 2011, 07:33:39 AM
Welcome FL350 to the forum, and were glad your filling a nice void.

Its a impressive to see that more than half your returns are ADS-B in the US.
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: chewycanes on May 17, 2011, 07:48:18 AM
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you are in a good position.

Brian
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: anorak on May 17, 2011, 03:53:49 PM
Hi FL350 and welcome. Let me know when this one arrives please.  ;-)
Dave.
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: FL350 on May 18, 2011, 03:17:44 AM
Quote from: AirNav Support on May 17, 2011, 07:33:39 AM
Welcome FL350 to the forum, and were glad your filling a nice void.

Its a impressive to see that more than half your returns are ADS-B in the US.

During the peak hours this sometimes is the case because of the international traffic at those times. B6 (KJFK is their principal hub) have also extensively installed ADS-B on their equipment as well. Either way I look forward to sharing more returns with the community soon! Cheers!
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: FL350 on May 18, 2011, 03:31:31 AM
Quote from: anorak on May 17, 2011, 03:53:49 PM
Hi FL350 and welcome. Let me know when this one arrives please.  ;-)
Dave.

I eagerly checked my log for G-SPUR but to no avail. They'd make a few stops along the way with that equip, I'd say! Interestingly, we do have BAW flying scheduled flights with a 319/320 from London City  / Shannon. (direct city on the return leg) 'Interesting to see BAW livery on such small equipment here! Once I heard a controller who clearly out of habit appended heavy to the call sign. The pilot replied with 'speedbird 1 not so heavy' ;-)
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: anorak on May 18, 2011, 09:06:31 AM
Think this was probably a miscode or a crew with a sense of humour.
Cheers,   Dave.
Title: Re: Hello from KJFK
Post by: FL350 on May 18, 2011, 08:33:38 PM
Quote from: anorak on May 18, 2011, 09:06:31 AM
Think this was probably a miscode or a crew with a sense of humour.
Cheers,   Dave.

Yes, I copped on at some stage after my reply... 8-)