Hi my name is Larry and I'm new to airnav. I just bought a used radar box on ebay and had a few questions. First of all, how do you get rid of the graph bar below the radar screen? I want to extend the radar screen all the way. I think I bought the 2007 version of the radarbox. Can I still perform driver updates? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. I downloaded the manual but it seems a little different than what the manual is showing in terms of button placement.
Thanks,
Larry
Hi Larry,
To get rid of the vertical graph go to map and untick VerticalTracking view.
Upgrade the software by downloading and installing the newest version from http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe.
Download and install the newest database from http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6249.0
I dont know the version of window you are using but the drivers are included in the software except if you are using Windows 7 64bit you would ned to download the drivers for it from the support page.
Have fun
Alan
Thanks Alan I will do that. Also can you or any one tell me how to get the split screen display? Like the screen shots I see where one half is the radar and the other half has the flight info. Kinda struggling here.
Thanks.
Larry
Hi Larry,
Go to tools/interface and chose left or right.
Alan
On the interface is show/hide ticked or unticked?
Alan
After I downloaded the new update, all is well. Thank you very much for your help Alan.
Larry
Any question just ask and someone should be able to help
Alan
Can you use your photos instead of the ones used from anet?
Thanks
Larry
Yes, but you have to resize them to the ratio you get via airliners.net. The file-name must be registration.jpg and if you want to have two pictures: Registration,2.jpg.
Example: D-AIME.jpg & D-AIME,2.jpg
Unfortunately there is the possibility, that this pictures are overwritten by ANRB software. Can't remember the exact details on which occasions that will happen.
The radarbox looks for pictures in your computer first, if these are available ok, if not is then goes back to the server for them. The pictures should be 68 x 16.
Alan
Also - if you have pictures other data is not updated
Quote from: Chris11 on July 04, 2011, 07:18:29 AM
Also - if you have pictures other data is not updated
Since there are (more or less) regular database updates available for download, this one could be considered to be a minor problem. Exception: Massive manual Updates to your own (Nav)Database. Anyway this shall be fixed with the next Software update.
I cannot use the database updates as I have far to many local aircraft that still use the ICAO24 of their registration before they were imported.
Quote from: Runway 31 on July 04, 2011, 06:13:54 AMThe radarbox looks for pictures in your computer first, if these are available ok, if not is then goes back to the server for them. The pictures should be 68 x 16.
200 x 133.
Sorry about that got mixed up with the silhouettes, thanks Chris
Alan
Thanks everyone for the help.
Larry
Can radarbox be loaded on to more than one computer? I have it on my laptop currently but I also want to put it on my desktop.
Thanks
Larry
Also,today I went to LAX and I noticed that the radarbox didn't pickup the Singapore A380 when it came in on final. Any explanations? I picked up other heavies but not the Sin A380.
Thanks
A. Yes.
B. No.
:) John
Vaca05,
There should not be any reason why the A388 didnt show on you computer. Did you get the registration of the aircraft and I will check that it is in the d/b. Also when you state it didnt show, do you mean in any way with not even a hex showing?
Alan
Hi Alan the registration is 9V-SKJ. It didn't show up on the radar map. I did pick up other heavies on the map.
thanks
Larry
Hi Larry,
9V-SKJ is in the database as 76CD6A. While it didnt show on the map did it show on the interface and did it have a globe indicating it was squiting.
I have set up an alert for it to see if I can find it.
Alan
Hi Larry,
I got an alert there for 9V-SKJ. Its on SIA21 Singapore-Tokyo-Los Angeles so hopefully you will see it soon.
Alan
Hi Larry,
Got it on screen north of KLAX passing FL160 in the descent.
Hopefully you will get it also.
Alan
Hi all,
Just wanted to let someone know that for the second time, I noticed that the Aeroflot flight from SVO to LAX has the wrong country flag displayed. Not sure if its for a specific plane but the registration for today's flight was VQ-BBG flight number AFL 322.
Thanks,
Larry
Quote from: vaca05 on July 26, 2011, 03:57:37 AMJust wanted to let someone know that for the second time, I noticed that the Aeroflot flight from SVO to LAX has the wrong country flag displayed. Not sure if its for a specific plane but the registration for today's flight was VQ-BBG flight number AFL 322.
Checking the ModeS hex code for VQ-BBG, I reckon it's 4248F8. That would put it in the range for aircraft registered in Bermuda, so it should be displaying the Bermuda flag.
Many Aeroflot aircraft are owned by leasing companies that are registered in Bermuda.
If you're not seeing the Bermuda flag, then see this thread for the D008 update:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5797
Thanks Tarbat for clarifying that. I got another one for you. Picked up Aerounion regi- XA-MRC flight TN 0303. The airline flag was coming up as Air Tahiti Nui.
Larry - we call the "airline flag" the logo. TN is the ICAO code for Air Tahiti Nui, so that's why it displayed that logo - your plane was using an incorrect Flight ID. They were probably trying to type TNO - Aerounion's ICAO code, but typed TN0 (zero) instead..
For a full explanation of how the logos get displayed see the first post in the New Logos thread.
HTH
Rod
TN is the IATA code for Air Tahiti Nui alongside their THT ICAO code.
Sorry - I tryped that late at night! I meant the IATA code.
Rod