I receive the alerts for military aircraft on Mode-S. The notification box comes up but the aircraft (military) does not appear in the MyFlights list. All other flights appear in the list as normal. I have no filters on that I can see and it appears that only military flights are affected. For example, I received an alert for a C130, call sign REACH64, registration 96-1005, with a Mode-S address of ADFEA8. However while the alert notification functioned the aircraft did not appear in the MyFlights list. I was sitting at the computer when the alert came in so the aircraft was still in area (i.e. it did not time out and leave the list.) Any help would be appreciated.
Hi
Do you have the 'activate Alerts for Network Flights ' set at the top. If so any network flight alerts will not show in 'my flights'.
Brian
Hello
You may have already checked this but you haven't accidentally clicked the ADS-B only button at the top of the list on the quick filter bar? Try clicking "show all" next to the ADS-B button and see if this helps.
Andrew
Hello Brian
I doubt it will be a network flight if it is military because they seldom use the ADS-B and only ADS-B aircraft show on the network.
Andrew
Andrew
You are right.
Brian
All the other Mode-S flights are on the list. The show all tab has been clicked. It appears that it's only military flights that are affected. I've checked all the filters but I haven't changed anything from before the problem began to occur. It started about the beginning of this week. Military Mode-S flights always showed up before so I can't see what the problem is.
I failed to mention before that this occurs only on local flights (non-network). All flights received off of the network function properly. In reply to chewycanes, yes the activate network flights is checked.
Hi again.
Have you checked Mylog to see if they are being logged around the time of the alert ?
Brian
I checked the MyLog. None of the military flights were being logged. I just had a K35R come thru that seemed to work properly. It was logged but none of the earlier military flights that I received alerts for have been logged. I will wait and see if anymore come thru the area. We usually have a decent amount of tanker and C17 traffic.
Hi all, I have been receiving military alerts also when they have not been on my flights list or log. This has been happening for the last 2 months, I was getting that many I turned alerts of for military.
Regards
Stephen
As you can see from attached screen shot the alert was not on my list or log.
Is it possible, that you have ticked the box "Enable Alerts for Network flights" on the "Alert" configuration page? If this is the case you will get for each network MIL flight. There are a view GAF flights in germany with full/"visible" ADS-B. This flights will appear in the network list and can trigger the mil flight alerts.
Yes I do have the box ticked for network flights and I always had, this only has started to do this in the last 2 months. I am getting all types off military aircraft that's why I find this strange.
Stephen
Hi
I am at a loss as to what happening with you both.
All i can say is that i don't tick network alerts because you get alerts from aircraft such as German Airforce, Italian Airforce and some Canadian Airforce that are 1000's of miles away and these won't be in the myflights or mylog.
I am only really interested in miltary flights myself and all local alerts end up in my flights and mylog.
All i can suggest is it may be worth unticking network alerts for a short period so you know that the alert you are receiving is local and then check myfights & mylog.
Brian
I will try that Brian, thanks.
Stephen
That is the weird thing. I can tell if it is a hit off of the network because it will give it's postion in the notification box plus I usually check it by searching the network list. When I check it, it is in the network list. However when a local alert comes thru it does not show up in the MyFlights list or the log. In my alerts section for Mode-S I have ADF* and AE* set up because these are what most U.S. military aircraft use for their address. It always worked before so that is what is strange. Every once in a while one shows up but most don't. All other alerts for civilian aircraft work just fine. When the alerts come thru I am often sitting right at the computer so I can see it as it happens. I also unchecked the Network tab just as an experiment but the problem still occured. Thanks to chewycanes for the replies.
If this has started to happen recently, backup your data folder and pictures and reinstall. Something may have got corrupted.
Just upgraded to RadarBox 3D. Still having the same problem with alerts for military aircraft in MyFlights. Had one flight come thru all the rest didn't. Intrestingly, when I do a search filter with a Mode-S address for example, it comes up blank. However when I put the mouse over where a picture should be it will list a copyright name. If I go to Airliners.net manually and search the registartion number and get photos for that aircraft, I can find the copyright holder who took the picture. On the filter search page it's as if the picture is there but you just can't see it or click it.