Does anyone know how I can get google 3D to send me to above airport.
I can find it by panning from anywhere in uk but cant get google to move to it.
ICAO is EGCN and 3 digit ref is DSA see internet.
It seems that this system or indeed the library of data hasnt got it yet?
Now I know its a silly title for an Airport, but come on whats the reason?
I've tried both 'home' and 'airport' buttons.
flymee
You will need to add it to the airport table in the database. Use Google earth to get the co-ordinates.
Alan
Alan got it into data airport list with co-ordinates from google earth converted to decimal by dividing by 60.
Now I am new to this, what do I do next to get the airport to show up in google 3d and maps please?
ray
Thanks for help
Ray,
It may have been easier to set the co-ordinates for google earth to decimal to save any calulations.
If you have entered it similar to the others in the aircraft table in database explorer with ICAO code, name etc it should appear when you start up. Also for 2D purposes ensure you have the outline for the airport in your outlines folder. If not download the outlines file from Rods website http://rodb.gofreeserve.com/RadarBox/Downloads.htm and extract them into the outline folder.
Just in case, here are the entries
p4 EGCN, P3 DSA, pn and pc Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield, ps England, pt United Kingdom, pm 0, pa 53.474722, po -1.004444
When you switch on it should all be there.
Alan
Alan
Done all you have suggested.
Outlines for Robin Hood isnt showing up in downloads list and although the single runway for finningley! does appear no ICAO is showing up.
I have done the download you suggest, incidently none of the lh boxes are ticked does that matter, all other airports are showing runway lines and ICAO's
One good note I have all the text and digits showing up in the Data airports list.
I have not done anything with the populate/import button do I have too/
Ray
sorry for any inconvenience
I seem to be having a similar problem. Added the data to the airport section in the database explorer. Only to find later that it was already there. Exited and re-entered RBox, but still only got the airfield outline (Actual new airport, not old RAF Finningley), which I downloaded and added to outlines folder some time ago. See attached pic
alan
got it!
reason we are not getting EGNC named on map is because your lat and long are for EGSY Sheffield City.
This airfield is no longer operating as far as I am aware, it went bust, hence one of reasons finningley was bought for civ' use.
My EGNC takes me to EGSY and the radar rings are right on centre here using your coordinates. Try using google earth to get centre of robin hood ie ex finningley and you will find different coordinates. Please try this. I get N53 31.7 and W000 42.0 on my GE
Ray
Alan
I'm off out for an hour or two but just done a flight over finningley runway alias Robin Hood Doncaster etc.
The runway is almost NS ie 02 etc I approached on 02 thats 2degrees E of N so other end would be approx 18 that confirms the outlinr thats unamed ie no icao on it is certailnly not Robin Hood.
let me know how you fare trying it by Google Earth for your co-ordinates.
ray
Quote from: flymee1939 on July 20, 2011, 12:40:15 PMThe runway is almost NS ie 02 etc I approached on 02 thats 2degrees E of N so other end would be approx 18 that confirms the outlinr thats unamed ie no icao on it is certailnly not Robin Hood.
If you setup the three outline files correctly in the Outlines folder:
AFB_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN.out
AFM_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN.out
AFP_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN_2.out
And add a Custom Legend containing:
EGCN,53.474722,-1.004444
Then this should appear on your map:
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6013/5957858972_5d82b7d793_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957858972/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957858972/sizes/o/in/photostream/
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6009/5957306503_383f54d0c2_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957306503/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957306503/sizes/o/in/photostream/
Ray,
I am not bothered re the location of DSA for myself, I forwarded the location which is not mine but from the d/b under EGCN for your benefit.
EGSY - Sheffield City is in the d/b but is named Fowlmere which is EGMA and is obviously wrong and I have not checked the lat long to see where they actually take you.
Looks like the airport table is needing looked at and corrected.
Alan
Quote from: tarbat on July 20, 2011, 01:10:33 PM
Quote from: flymee1939 on July 20, 2011, 12:40:15 PMThe runway is almost NS ie 02 etc I approached on 02 thats 2degrees E of N so other end would be approx 18 that confirms the outlinr thats unamed ie no icao on it is certailnly not Robin Hood.
If you setup the three outline files correctly in the Outlines folder:
AFB_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN.out
AFM_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN.out
AFP_Doncaster_Robin_Hood_EGCN_2.out
And add a Custom Legend containing:
EGCN,53.474722,-1.004444
Then this should appear on your map:
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6013/5957858972_5d82b7d793_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957858972/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957858972/sizes/o/in/photostream/
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6009/5957306503_383f54d0c2_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957306503/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5957306503/sizes/o/in/photostream/
Hi Tarbat,
Your version of Doncaster Robin Hood is certainly different to mine, I think I have an older version. I seem to be missing a few buildings in the NW corner of the airfield. Is there a newer one avail?
Thanks,
Phil
Numpty question Tarbat, where do you locate the custom legend? I have the outline showing OK but there is no legend on the map detailing the airport.
Alan
Quote from: darkskies74 on July 20, 2011, 02:25:47 PMYour version of Doncaster Robin Hood is certainly different to mine, I think I have an older version. I seem to be missing a few buildings in the NW corner of the airfield. Is there a newer one avail?
I'm using the ones from SBS-Resources. See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2897
Quote from: Runway 31 on July 20, 2011, 02:31:12 PMNumpty question Tarbat, where do you locate the custom legend? I have the outline showing OK but there is no legend on the map detailing the airport.
Enter the custom legend in File - Preferences - Radarbox - Custom Legend List
EGCN,53.474722,-1.004444
And make sure Custom Legend is ticked on the MAP menu.
Sorted Tarbat, its easy when you know how. many thanks for your assistance
Alan
Quote from: tarbat on July 20, 2011, 02:38:31 PM
Quote from: darkskies74 on July 20, 2011, 02:25:47 PMYour version of Doncaster Robin Hood is certainly different to mine, I think I have an older version. I seem to be missing a few buildings in the NW corner of the airfield. Is there a newer one avail?
I'm using the ones from SBS-Resources. See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2897
Quote from: Runway 31 on July 20, 2011, 02:31:12 PMNumpty question Tarbat, where do you locate the custom legend? I have the outline showing OK but there is no legend on the map detailing the airport.
Enter the custom legend in File - Preferences - Radarbox - Custom Legend List
EGCN,53.474722,-1.004444
And make sure Custom Legend is ticked on the MAP menu.
Thanks, had different versions of all AFB, AFP and AFM
Cheers
I shall say this only once!
My home base is EGPF.
I only want to watch aircraft going in and out of Robin Hood Doncaster sheffield Airport, now in my first post on the subject of not being able to find it under EGNC does everyone now get what I am after. It isnt my home base.
If I want to go to EGLL thats not a problem, will you Alan explain how you can watch a/c from Doncaster without making it your Home Base?
You say in your E-mail you managed it. Will you send me a screen shot please,ANYONE of EGCN please.
Ray
I promise you all this will be my last post!!
flymee there please
Ray,
I havent a clue what you are meaning about making it your home base.
You can watch aircraft at any airport on the network by zooming into the airport and with the proviso that there is someone suitably located to pick up the airport and its traffic and is feeding it to the network. You can do that with any airport anywhere in the world assuming you have the outline installed and it is being fed into the network.
Tarbat has already provided a screenshot of EGCN and I would add one myself if I knew how to.
If it helps please feel free to send me a PM with your phone number and I will give you a call and we can discuss how you do it, its probably easier that way. I live in Motherwell.
Alan
Quote from: flymee1939 on July 20, 2011, 05:02:20 PMIf I want to go to EGLL thats not a problem, will you Alan explain how you can watch a/c from Doncaster without making it your Home Base?
Well, I'm not Alan, but I'll try to explain. My home airport is around EGPE. So, I can either:
1. Type FNY (the nearest NDB) in the LOCATE box in the toolbar, and click on the LOCATE button.
OR
2. Zoom out the map, drag it until you're over EGCN, then zoom in.
Once you've done that, save the map as something like "2 EGCN". Then you can always return to that map setup by right-clicking on the map, and pressing S then 2.
Quote from: flymee1939 on July 20, 2011, 05:02:20 PMYou say in your E-mail you managed it. Will you send me a screen shot please,ANYONE of EGCN please.
Already posted earlier in this thread - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6305.msg68118#msg68118
Of course, you need to also turn the NETWORK on!!
NOTE: Just putting EGCN in the Airports table won't work. AFAIK, all the Airports table is used for is the airport lookup to display routes - converting EGPE to Inverness Dalcross for example. TO be able to use EGCN in the LOCATE box needs an update to the map data in the Radarbox software.
Hi Alan and Tarbat and others.
I have now got map of airport on my location for EGNC but without its ICAO it doesnt seem to want to own up to who it is.
I can now watch flights around and over it.
Alan what did you mean by PM, it would be good to talk as I live 26miles out of Glasgow down the Clyde. Lived here for 14yrs or so, no scenery quite like it, bonus view from flat over clyde. Tall ships fireworks was some sight!
Ray
Ray,
If you look to the left of the text under my screen name you will see 3 symbols for profile, email and PM. Press on the email or PM and send me a message the answer will either come by email or through My Messages if you llok on the 4th row at the top of the screen.
To get EGCN, do as Tarbat says, on the Radarbox screen top left click on file then preferences, when that comes up go to the 2nd tab for Radarbox, bottom right corner you will see a box "Custom Legend List" copy in EGCN, 53.48887,-1.002416, press apply then OK. When you restart Radarbox the next time EGCN will be there in all its glory.
Alan