We have some more good news: the final 3 samples for AirNav ShipTrax with the boxes exactly as they will be sold on shops have just arrived on our offices. They will now be tested and we hope to approve them in 1 week.
On the software front we have decided to give 2 more weeks to our programmers to add one AMAZING feature to the software which will make ShipTrax a winner...more news to follow.
Thanks for the update airnav
Thank you Airnav i will look forward to the release its been a long road, and thanks for keeping us up to date as usual.
Great news.
Regards
Ok, it's been 2 weeks plus a 1 week. Anything new. Are we still in holding pattern.
Later
Quote from: Mixism on August 26, 2011, 02:59:51 PMOk, it's been 2 weeks plus a 1 week. Anything new. Are we still in holding pattern.
All I can say is that hardware and software beta testing is continuing here.
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6090/6081818963_548d2c79c7_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6081818963/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
In my opinion, it's more important to get the product tested as thoroughly as possible rather than rushing to a release date.
Tarbat I would agree with you a bit. But if we had that train of tough, no one would have flown an plane, gone to the moon, and you would be born an adult, with all your problems solved. Sometime it's best to let something grown with good, and fast correct adjustments.
If it is not crashing it better then most equipment on the market.
Later
>If it is not crashing it better then most equipment on the market.
Nice one. As I write this email the final version of the software (after the latest addition which is still a secret) is being distributed to the beta testers.
Thanks, for update.
Quote from: Mixism on August 30, 2011, 07:17:28 PM
If it is not crashing it better then most equipment on the market.
My SR162 AIS receiver doesn't know what crashing is...
It runs 24/7 since several years
Quote from: jannuh on September 10, 2011, 10:53:56 AM
Quote from: Mixism on August 30, 2011, 07:17:28 PM
If it is not crashing it better then most equipment on the market.
My SR162 AIS receiver doesn't know what crashing is...
It runs 24/7 since several years
Yep, a seriously good bit of dual-channel receiver kit, if a bit pricey.
It's been 8 week since last update from the Administrator. Is there any good news!?
Thanks & Later
Quote from: AirNav Development on August 03, 2011, 11:57:08 PM
We have some more good news: the final 3 samples for AirNav ShipTrax with the boxes exactly as they will be sold on shops have just arrived on our offices. They will now be tested and we hope to approve them in 1 week.
On the software front we have decided to give 2 more weeks to our programmers to add one AMAZING feature to the software which will make ShipTrax a winner...more news to follow.
Quote from: Mixism on October 04, 2011, 02:19:23 PMIt's been 8 week since last update from the Administrator. Is there any good news!?
Still beta testing here, using a Comar AIS-2-USB receiver.
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6212/6211356916_2285745b8e_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6211356916/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6211356916/sizes/o/in/photostream/
Anyone got an update on the hardware? We are looking to buy a fresh batch of AIS receivers and worth giving this a go/comparison to our usual first.
Lee
Lee, I'll let Airnav provide an update on the current status of the ShipTrax hardware development/testing/manufacture.
What I would say is that when I was testing the hardware, it significantly outperformed the Comar unit on both range and number of ship messages received. But I don't currently have a unit for testing.
The answer is simple:
1- Software finished in 4 days;
2- Boxes, sleeves, logistics finished;
3- Hardware still doing final tests;
We are getting closer and closer to the day everyone has been waiting for.
ShipTrax will bring to the shipping community all the good things RadarBox did: the applications share the same programming source code. It's an amazing product.
Perfect, thanks.
I'm not so fussed about the software but look forward to trying the hardware out. Shame it's not imminent as I'll have to source my normal receivers for this batch.
Lee
Quote from: AirNav Development on October 26, 2011, 11:59:51 PM
ShipTrax will bring to the shipping community all the good things RadarBox did: the applications share the same programming source code. It's an amazing product.
Oooooops, hope this doesn't imply same problems??
Quote from: jannuh on October 30, 2011, 02:53:18 PMOooooops, hope this doesn't imply same problems??
If you've got any specific problems that you think need testing in ShipTrax, let me know and I'll test.
Hi Chris, I rely on you
Some general questions/assumptions...
1. It is possible to use Shipplotter and ShipTrax to sent data vice versa? SP-> ST or ST-> SP
2. ST software can be used with existing hardware?? (without any other software as intermediaire)
That would be completely different from R.B.
As you mentioned you got a software update (beta).. are messages contents now visible within the ST software?? I mentioned this when i did sent inland ais data to you for testing
I like the ST software interface, but got already nice (and good) hardware, the SR162 receiver
Quote from: jannuh on October 31, 2011, 02:18:42 AM1. It is possible to use Shipplotter and ShipTrax to sent data vice versa? SP-> ST or ST-> SP
Yes to both. ShipTrax can read the Serial NMEA output or TCP output from Shipplotter. Similarly, ShipTrax echos everything out on port 40004 in NMEA format so Shipplotter can read that. In addition, with the use of my SP2TRAX utility, ShipTrax can see all the Shipplotter NETWORK traffic via. a TCP/IP port.
Quote from: jannuh on October 31, 2011, 02:18:42 AM2. ST software can be used with existing hardware?? (without any other software as intermediaire)
That would be completely different from R.B.
Yes. The ShipTrax hardware generates the standard NMEA format messages, and the ShipTrax software can read input from any other receiver. Or a feed from an AIS server, etc. I'm currently running the ShipTrax software with a Comar AIS-2-USB receiver.
In this screenshot, you can see that I'm using ShipTrax to read the input from my Comar receiver on the serial port (USB), and also read a TCP/IP input to show ships beyond my range from the Shipplotter network.
(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/6298225120_e16e88aff1_d.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/6298225120/sizes/o/in/photostream/)
Quote from: jannuh on October 31, 2011, 02:18:42 AMAs you mentioned you got a software update (beta).. are messages contents now visible within the ST software?? I mentioned this when i did sent inland ais data to you for testing
No, ShipTrax doesn't have a window for looking at the decoded message content.
EDIT: Link to screenshot corrected.
I just tried to order the Hardware and Software and I get a broken web page. Any update?
https://www.plimus.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1724504
Later
The software is finished and will be approved by the beta testers today. After that, production.
The hardware has been approved and the first 300 units are in production now: should be ready in 3 weeks.
So release in mid January.