AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Pinza on September 02, 2011, 09:39:02 PM

Title: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Pinza on September 02, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Possibly not of interest, but was new to me - RA-76950 (Ilyushin 76) of Volga-Dnepr over the Midlands with full Mode-S. Recorded it many times before but never displaying location.

Images attached

Chris
Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Team Spirit on September 03, 2011, 06:50:38 AM
Hi, good morning Chris,

I'd loved to have seen this one, I managed to log this aircraft for the first time yesterday.

I've managed to pick up several 76's and seen them overfly but it would be nice to pick up on screen though. I'll keep my eyes open over the weekend for this one.

Here's my log.

Cheers Dave.

Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: neroon79 on September 03, 2011, 07:17:22 AM
The first time I tracked this one with full Mode_s was on February 26th 2011. No further contacts of this airframe since then. Nice to see, that it is still out-there and still sending ADS-B.
Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Team Spirit on September 03, 2011, 08:09:04 AM
Hi Ingo, good morning,

Yes, I must admit that these 'classic' aircraft are a real treat to pick up and certainly add variety to the log. The VC10 is my other favourite and plenty of those are logged.

I have a nice display of some 48 1/400 VC10's above my screen just to give a little '3d' aspect to the hobby :)

Have a good day,

Cheers Dave.
Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Alan Parker on September 03, 2011, 06:28:02 PM
Quote from: Pinza on September 02, 2011, 09:39:02 PM
Possibly not of interest, but was new to me - RA-76950 (Ilyushin 76) of Volga-Dnepr over the Midlands with full Mode-S. Recorded it many times before but never displaying location.

Images attached

Chris

Don't take any notice of that location Chris. This flight came from the east, ( i tracked it from over Latvia) then it landed at East Midlands, stopped for about two hours then dept to the south. The IL-76 always seem to show full Mode-s but the other Russian stuff never seems to.
Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Netcop on September 03, 2011, 06:55:57 PM
List of classic Russian airframes, equipped with full ADS-B from my Radarbox database (Moscow FIR):

(http://photo.qip.ru/photo/netcop/115931800/xlarge/144656966.gif) (http://photo.qip.ru/users/netcop/115931800/144656966/)

(http://photo.qip.ru/photo/netcop/115931800/xlarge/144657173.gif) (http://photo.qip.ru/users/netcop/115931800/144657173/)
Title: Re: Ilyushin 76TD with full Mode-S
Post by: Team Spirit on September 03, 2011, 07:32:22 PM
Hi Netcop,

That's a pretty impressive list :) Many thanks for sharing..I'll have to go through my lists now :)