AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Colin Parker on September 29, 2011, 04:35:17 AM

Title: Any way to compensate for my apartment's altitude?
Post by: Colin Parker on September 29, 2011, 04:35:17 AM
I live on the 61st floor next to Hong Kong airport and I am not sure whether this has anything to do with anything, but my Radarbox shows aircraft has hovering as they taxi around the airport. The green/blue/red flightpath colours of the aircraft are all inaccurate as well and show aircraft on finals as having landed at a point a few hundred feet above the runway.

Any way to fix this? Thanks.
Title: Re: Any way to compensate for my apartment's altitude?
Post by: tarbat on September 29, 2011, 06:16:52 AM
On the SmartView tab, do you have Auto Set QNH ticked, and your local airport (VHHH) selected?
Title: Re: Any way to compensate for my apartment's altitude?
Post by: Colin Parker on October 03, 2011, 07:43:44 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I did not have that set, but now I have and it is still the same!
Title: Re: Any way to compensate for my apartment's altitude?
Post by: AirNav Support on October 03, 2011, 07:59:00 AM
Can you attach a screenshot of what your seeing?
Title: Re: Any way to compensate for my apartment's altitude?
Post by: Colin Parker on October 08, 2011, 12:33:59 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have done a reset and it seems to be working now although the plane's flight paths still seem rather erratic with some indicating a nose dive and every now and then I see a plane on my screen in a vertical nosedive towards the ground!