I was using my RB yesterday outside and picking up around 100 flights when suddenly all the aircraft 'Timed out' and the screen went blank. I found that the stock Antenna sheath was loose and coming away from the back of the connector into the RB. It had come completely away from the connector. I pushed it back into the connector and the flights returned to around 10 but a bit of fiddling around with the cable and connector it returned to 100 flights.
I'm disappointed, it seems the most important connection is the weakest link.
Obviously this needs a permanent repair but I'd be grateful if anyone could advise me how much this would cost and the turnaround time from W&S.
Also, has anyone actually bought a new stock antenna? If so how much did it cost?
Many thanks,
Paul
Hi Paul
I bought one yesterday from Waters & Stanton for mine...... was £19:95, dont know about postage though cos I only live 3 miles away from there............ wouldnt think it would be much though..
http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/Airnav_Radarbox.html
give them a bell.....
cheers
Bob
Can you not just solder a new SMA connector on the end?
You should be able to get them from the likes of Maplins.
Paul,
I've still got my stock antenna...I don't use it as my ANRB uses a Radar Extender antenna. If it helps you're welcome to it.
Quote from: Team Spirit on September 30, 2011, 06:20:44 PM
Paul,
I've still got my stock antenna...I don't use it as my ANRB uses a Radar Extender antenna. If it helps you're welcome to it.
Dave, thats much appreciated -could you PM me your details and we can sort postage/payment etc.
Thanks again, Paul
Hi, morning Paul,
I've popped a PM to you.
Cheers Dave.