AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: lwgxc08 on October 28, 2011, 01:10:08 PM

Title: Hardware not detected
Post by: lwgxc08 on October 28, 2011, 01:10:08 PM
I purchased my new ANRB yesterday and have so far installed it successfully on two laptops - one XP, one Vista.

I have now come to install it on a Windows 7 Netbook (for out-and-about use) but the hardware is not detected when I connect it to a USB port. I am greeted with some sort of "error" chime from windows but no option to define the source of the driver files.

The device does not even show up in "Device Manager" when connected.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: Runway 31 on October 28, 2011, 01:29:13 PM
Download and install the latest drivers from the support page and see if that helps.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Alan
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: lwgxc08 on October 28, 2011, 02:38:36 PM
I have downloaded them Alan but since my RB gets nowhere near being recognised by my netbook, I can't get to the dialogu that would allow me to install them.

Regards

Geoff
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: AirNav Support on October 28, 2011, 02:43:38 PM
Are there other device connected to the USB hub? Is the netbook powered from the mains?

Is the RadraBoxes green light on? It may be that its not getting enough power.
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: lwgxc08 on October 28, 2011, 03:34:14 PM
Hi Alan,

I have ensured that the RB is the only device connected to the netbook.  It was connected to mains power all the time and the green light on the RB is solid green.  No blue or white ones of course. 

Wheras the other two machines prompted me for where to find the drivers (either the origininals on the CD or the new ones I downloaded onto the hard drive), this machine searches Windows Update and then preconfigured driver files but does not prompt me for any other location.

I did wonder about the power but since the green LED is solid, I assume its OK.

Regards

Geoff
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: tarbat on October 28, 2011, 04:49:53 PM
Can you see an entry for an "Unknown Device" in Windows Device Manager?

And this might help - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=786.0
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: anorak on October 28, 2011, 06:38:39 PM
Just to add my halfpenny, is there a limit on the number of machines that can be used?
Welcome to the world of RadarBox,  Dave.
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: lwgxc08 on October 28, 2011, 06:48:05 PM
Thanks Tarbat - Job done.

There was indeed an entry for ANRB under "Other Devices" in Device Manager and this allowed me to get to the dialogue to update the drivers.  I followed a procedure similar to the one described behind that link (it was a bit different being Windows 7) and device then moved to the correct place in "Device Manager".

All up and running now. 

Yes indeed Dave - the world of RadarBox - now trying to figure out how to save my general preferences from a screen that isn't big enough to scroll to the bottom.  Minor issue I am sure.

Thanks all for your input and support.

Geoff
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: anorak on October 28, 2011, 08:56:20 PM
Hi Geoff, just keep asking the questions, some one will always help. Check the forum a lot of the problems have been raised and there is a good fund of info.
Dave.
Title: Re: Hardware not detected
Post by: CoastGuardJon on October 30, 2011, 07:09:19 PM
Hi Dave, I'm sure the standard limit is 2 machines, but AirNav can extend this if you contact them, I believe.  HTH