AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: John Racars on October 30, 2011, 09:15:15 AM

Title: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: John Racars on October 30, 2011, 09:15:15 AM
Goodmorning All,

It looks a big disaster is taking place about the flight id's. Some (great) companies changed most of all there (alternative / ICAO) flightid's within this day.

Hope help will come verry soon............
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: LSZS on October 30, 2011, 11:39:54 AM
For this reason last night I emptied the routes table and I disabled the autopopulate routes.
Now I'm working for the new references in the Milan Area.
Bye

Stefano
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: EK01 on October 30, 2011, 12:49:09 PM
The way things are going here in SE Spain there won't be many flight ID changes due to the fact that there won't be many flights. Ryanair, for example have reduced their based aircraft at Alicante from 11 in the summer to just 2 for the winter. I have just watched a succession of them leaving this morning to who knows where all with flight numbers ending in 'P' presumably for 'positional'. I am currently looking at a screen with only 12 'My Flights' (6 transmitting ADSB). It's going to be a long hard winter !
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: John Racars on November 04, 2011, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: LSZS on October 30, 2011, 11:39:54 AM
For this reason last night I emptied the routes table and I disabled the autopopulate routes.
Now I'm working for the new references in the Milan Area.
Bye

Stefano

I did so and decided to stop the hobby for the time being. I have no sense more in to build up a new flight-database two times a year.
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: Horsham Spotter on November 04, 2011, 07:17:21 PM
Good evening all.

I can provide the winter callsigns for RYR & NAX flights
into and out off EGKK with route info
if requested via this discussion on Saturday.

Steve.
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: LSZS on November 05, 2011, 12:43:59 AM
Quote from: Horsham Spotter on November 04, 2011, 07:17:21 PM
Good evening all.

I can provide the winter callsigns for RYR & NAX flights
into and out off EGKK with route info
if requested via this discussion on Saturday.

Steve.
Many thanks.
Sunday I will publish the callsigns of milano area. Not all because I'm very late with my own database with queries because every day I find an error of it all.
so... i think is a good idea to use this thread to update the winter callsigns. I prefer to attach an excel file. For my database I use this layout: Icao flight id, Iata flight id (ex. LH 259 and not LH259 so with space). Then, with my query i create the references. I fetch the list of IATA flights by FlightStats.
If requested I can explain in detail how is designed my own database (Access and not sql lite because I can't use Sql in office :D, I convert day per day)
Bye

Stefano
Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: Michel on November 05, 2011, 10:44:45 AM
I can provide most of the EZY/EZS/DLH and CFE flights in and out of Amsterdam this winter.

Title: Re: Flightid's Winter 2011/2012
Post by: ACW367 on November 06, 2011, 01:32:56 AM
Airnav Development are the only ones that can take any action on these.  They have suggested in the past that the best way to get any requests to their attention for action is via email or PM, rather than disparate threads (there are already 3-4 threads running on winter timetable changes for various airlines).

Can I suggest that all these spreadsheets are emailed/PM'd direct to Airnav Dev.  You will then be certain they have them and information suppliers can keep better tabs with Airnav Dev on their follow-up action with the information supplied.