AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: tarbat on November 14, 2011, 03:42:32 PM

Title: Using routes from your Planeplotter database
Post by: tarbat on November 14, 2011, 03:42:32 PM
If, like me, you maintain a separate database of routes in Planeplotter, then this little routine will export all these routes, and import them into your Radarbox database.

1. Download the attached ZIP file, and unzip anywhere.

2. Close down Radarbox, and wait for it to completely close and stop processing.

3. Take a backup of your navdata.db3 database, in case something goes wrong.

3. EDIT the routecopy.bat file, using something like Windows Notepad.

4. Run routecopy.bat

Depending on how big your Planeplotter flights database is, this process can take a LONG time - and I mean an hour or more!!!

EXPLANATION - All this process does is:
Title: Re: Using routes from your Planeplotter database
Post by: tarbat on November 15, 2011, 09:09:08 AM
I see several people have downloaded the scripts, and I wondered if they worked okay.  I use this process about once a week to use the Planeplotter flights database that I populate from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PP-logs-and-routes/files/   Latest load had over 80,000 up-to-date routes.
Title: Re: Using routes from your Planeplotter database
Post by: Rotorsport on November 15, 2011, 10:49:35 PM
Just tried it and it worked fine for me :)

Many Thanks.