Poll
Question:
When should we do it?
Option 1: Friday 16th December
votes: 11
Option 2: Saturday 17th December
votes: 3
Option 3: Sunday 18th December
votes: 8
Option 4: Friday 23rd December
votes: 19
Option 5: Saturday 24th December
votes: 6
Well, we had 90% of voters saying that they would take part in the experiment, including 10 folk who are prepared to share when they normally wouldn't, so I think it's worth a try.
Link to original poll: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6501.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6501.0)
So I'm suggesting five dates, and would ask all the people who are prepared to share, which date they would prefer. You can change your vote if your circumstances change. I would ask people who won't be sharing please not to vote.
My personal favourite would be the Friday before Christmas, as there should be a lot of traffic on that day, but it's not Christmas Eve, when some users may be otherwise occupied.
The plan would be that all participants would have their RadarBox up and sharing for as long as possible between 0 GMT and 23:59 Zulu (GMT) on that day, possibly leaving their box turned on when they normally wouldn't (perhaps overnight - safety permitting).
Remember that we have network statistics shown below the network locations map on this page: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/network.php (http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/network.php) so we can monitor that as well as our normal RadarBox screens.
Rod
Rod,
Friday 23th seems good to me. A lot of people should have time.
At least here in Luxembourg ! :-)
Hosch
Fri 23rd is a good date :-)
Bump
OK, well, it looks like Friday 23rd December, then.
Thanks to all who voted - I assume that those who said they would take part but who didn't vote about the date are happy with any date.
I'll post a reminder a week before. In the meantime, please remind any RadarBoxer friends who aren't forum-lurkers to try to take part.
I hope Support will be able to make sure there isn't any maintenance/upgrade or whatever scheduled for the 23rd.
I see that today's stats show that we had maxima of 421 stations and 1902 flights on the network today. We'll see if we can beat that.
Rod
Rod,
My box will be on anyway as usual so didnt bother voting
Alan
As I suspected :-)
Thanks, Alan
Rod
HI Rod hadn't replied but my box runs 24/7 so all being well it will be on. I'll give you a call re the download during the week, visitors and Christingle service today. John
Great! No problem :-)
Rod
Always on so no vote.