I'm finding that when I try downloading attachments from the forum, Firefox 8 is attempting to download Index.php rather than the correct file.
No problem using Internet Explorer 9, and no problem on other sites, including AirNav Support download page.
Is it just me?
Rod
Rod,
I got this problem as well but i find that it I ensure I click onto the text and not the surround it was OK.
Alan
I started a thread in the feedback section nearly 10 days ago. There is a patch available to update the forum software for the forum admins/dev team to implement. The thread was acknowledged by Airnav support, but it seems nothing's been done yet.
The patch: http://dev.simplemachines.org/mantis/view.php?id=4825
Here's the thread:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6587.0
All other forums I visit and download attachments from are fully compatible with Firefox 8.
OK - thanks, chaps - and yes - I now remember reading that thread, knight01.
Rod
We did take a look at it, issue was that the file the patch is supposed to change doesn't exist in our install. It looks like we need to upgrade first to the latest SMF version which will take a bit of time, as we have mods etc. that are applied.
We are checking the SMF details to see whether we can apply a patch to this version.
Thanks Support
And Alan - I can't get your technique working for me :-(
Rod
Thanks for the update Airnav. In the mean time IE tab addon for Firefox 8 can be used to display web pages via IE9 in a tab within FireFox and download the attachments.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-tab-2-ff-36/
Quote from: AirNav Support on November 23, 2011, 11:19:46 PM
We did take a look at it, issue was that the file the patch is supposed to change doesn't exist in our install. It looks like we need to upgrade first to the latest SMF version which will take a bit of time, as we have mods etc. that are applied.
We are checking the SMF details to see whether we can apply a patch to this version.
Maybe it's just a MIME error in config file, you could check that first...
GL with it
Well, many thanks for that link to the IE tab addon, Knight01 - downloading now works a treat.
I've got it working, but I still need to get my head round it.
Typed using Internet Explorer inside Firefox - I think I'm impressed, but I'll have to wait til the red wine wears off to be sure!
Rod
...and I thought it was only me. I was investigating moving to Chrome