AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Ian Miller on November 30, 2011, 11:40:15 AM

Title: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: Ian Miller on November 30, 2011, 11:40:15 AM
Running AirNav on my Laptop using wifi everything works fine for days or even weeks. Then, for no apparent reason, when I boot up Airnav the screen display reverts to the initial settings, and all my ALERTS data is wiped out. I have to clear vertical tracking, re-set interface, etc. Very boring. If this is the result of Windows Updating, or any other computer process, how can I preserve my Alerts data? Some settings are retained, home station data, map settings, etc.

Apologies if this topic has been raised before.

Thanks

Ian   
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: tarbat on November 30, 2011, 11:53:21 AM
Is there any chance that you're logging on to Windows as a different user?
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: Ian Miller on November 30, 2011, 09:42:24 PM
No, I am not doing logging on other than on my own account. I have a second user facility on the laptop but as far as I know is never used. I will disable it and see what happens, (or not). Thanks for the pointer, I'll popst again if the alerts loss re-occurs.

Ian
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: Budgie on November 30, 2011, 11:19:30 PM
Not sure it's the same thing but I normally loose the map settings when I restart ANRB.
I then turn off the network sharing and import the map color file again.
I did set up some alerts a while back but these were lost on the first restart so I've not bothered again.

OS is Windows 7, 32 bit if that helps, Oh and I have the latest ANRB drivers and software installed. ;)
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: RodBearden on December 01, 2011, 12:51:45 AM
Budgie

When you've got the map how you want it, use Window... Record Desktop - that should remember it for future sessions.

Rod
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: Ian Miller on December 01, 2011, 11:32:35 AM
Thanks for recent replies. My laptop is also Windows 7, 32 bit OS. I have set "Record Desktop". All OK so far, will update on results. Cheers

Ian
Title: Re: Loss of Alerts data and reversion to Initial Screen
Post by: Budgie on December 01, 2011, 11:57:08 AM
Thanks Rod, I've set that and will see if it resolves the problem. Not that it's a big issue as I've run with it for the last few months like this. ;)