Hello
Is there anybody who can help me please, I traveled back from Cologne to London Stansted on Friday 9th Dec and was unable to get the reg of the aircraft - is there any kind person who would have recorded the details.
Details are - Depart Cologne (CGN)(EDDK) @ 19.25 (Local), Landing at London Stansted (STN)(EGSS) @ 19.35. The flight number I have on my ticket is 4U356, But I think there call sign is GWI
Thank you in advance for any help.
You were on board D-AGWN according to dataflight24.com
Ian
Mylogs confirm D-AGWN GWI356 as inbound Stansted at that time.
Brian
Hi, Thank you both very much for your help, you know what it is like in the dark trying to see the tail, would have been ok if we had stairs to get on the plane, but is was the walk down tunnel.
Thank you again
No problem. Glad to be of help. I've had similar situations but find that very often if you ask the cabin crew they will go the flight deck and get the information. Worth a try if you have any future problems.
Ian
On recent Monarch flights to Italy, while I was boarding I asked the cabin crew the registration of the plane and on each occasion they knew instantly - and seemed proud of the plane and proud that they knew - they offered to write it on my boarding pass too.
Very impressed.
Rod
The flight before this one was Heathrow to Chicago with American Airlines, I ask the same question to the cabin crew, not very helpful at all, said they were not allowed to give that kind of imformation out.
But there they were an American Airline
Quote from: Thehall on December 10, 2011, 05:21:40 PM
I ask the same question to the cabin crew, not very helpful at all, said they were not allowed to give that kind of imformation out.
But there they were an American Airline
What a load of poppycock, don't they realise it's on the outside of the a/c for the world to see! They obviously weren't on the ball and didn't want to show their ignorance.
On the other hand, there may have been some confusion with the question. In some countries , America included, they are generally known as tail numbers not registrations which would mean something completely different.