AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: shouriken on December 17, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Title: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: shouriken on December 17, 2011, 07:52:21 PM
Yesterday I have applied the latest Microsoft Windows updates and answered yes to the "Reboot now" question without exiting RadarBox.

After the reboot I found out that I lost 6 days of mylog database and the polar diagram was reset.
I mention that I have cleared/reset the polar diagram 6 days ago. The computer is running 24h/24, 7days/7.

How come that I lost data when there are .bak files of the .db3 files in the Data folder?

Is there a procedure that ensure preserving data in the databases on a computer that runs RadarBox 24/24?

PS. Maybe I've lost records in the navdata database also.

Liviu

Title: Re: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: Northern Watch on December 17, 2011, 10:54:22 PM
 Hi shouriken

Sorry to hear you have lost data but it is a know problem if you do not log out now and then see this thread for some background information http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5429.msg54606#msg54606 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5429.msg54606#msg54606)

Regards 
Keith
Title: Re: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: shouriken on December 18, 2011, 07:08:45 AM
Thank you. I'll close and restart RB regularly from now on.

Liviu
Title: Re: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: tarbat on December 18, 2011, 08:53:56 AM
It's also worth checking that there isn't a problem with your database files, particularly if you're running Vista or Windows 7 with Radarbox installed in the default location - where file permissions may cause a problem in the Windows Virtual Store.

Take the MyLog database.  When Radarbox is running, you should see 3 MyLog.* files:

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6530060701_aee44202ae_o_d.png)

You will see the JOURNAL file getting bigger,and then on a regular, frequent basis the JOURNAL file should return to zero size, and the DB3 file get updated (check the Date Modified).

(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7161/6530080073_b64bac10d0_o_d.png)

If that is not happening, then you have a problem.
Title: Re: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: shouriken on December 18, 2011, 09:52:59 AM
Thank you tarbat for your suggestion, but I'm on XP.

Liviu
Title: Re: MyLog.db3 lost records
Post by: tarbat on December 18, 2011, 10:28:45 AM
Quote from: shouriken on December 18, 2011, 09:52:59 AMThank you tarbat for your suggestion, but I'm on XP.

Understood.  It's still worth checking.