AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: dapman on March 08, 2012, 11:32:52 PM

Title: CAT5 Cable
Post by: dapman on March 08, 2012, 11:32:52 PM
Hi
        Has anyone extended there usb using cat5, and if so how far.

                                            Thanks Dave.
Title: Re: CAT5 Cable
Post by: richk107 on March 09, 2012, 03:39:48 AM
I've been using a Icron 410 for over a year without any issues. Its rated to extend a USB 1.1 connections up to 100m/328 ft.  I'm only extending it about 50 feet. 
Title: Re: CAT5 Cable
Post by: Dana on March 09, 2012, 07:10:25 AM
I am using CAT5 cable extender for 20m. It works very good .
Title: Re: CAT5 Cable
Post by: dapman on March 09, 2012, 01:13:11 PM
Hi
    I have had another thought,would it be possible to convert to cat5 and connect to a router and transmit the signal to the pc.I am not sure how to connect to the pc,maybe a 2.4ghz dongle?

                                                  Cheers Dave.
Title: Re: CAT5 Cable
Post by: richk107 on March 10, 2012, 03:11:55 AM
From Icron's website:

Can the Cat 5 based USB Extenders operate through a standard Ethernet hub, switch or router?
No. Icron's USB extenders do not use standard Ethernet over the Cat 5 link, and they are not compatible with Ethernet hubs, switches or routers. The link protocol used is proprietary and operates only as a dedicated point-to-point connection.