Hi,
Does anyone have experience using wide band scanner antenna to use with RadarBox in stead of using ADS-B receiving antenna? I am a ham operator and have had my Diamond Antenna D-130J on top of my tower for long time. The antenna is capable of receiving radio frequency between 25-1300 MHz. When I look at the ADS-B frequency at 1090 MHz, I think my D-130J should do the work perfectly. But just to double check if anyone using the same or perhaps some other types/brands of scanner antenna covering ADS-B frequency. Thank you very much!
Karn
Hi Karn - many of us have tried a variety of wideband scanner antennas with little success. Search the forum for more details but I think you will find that the short answer to your question is that a dedicated 1090 aerial is needed for good results.
I use the D-130J and i have a good range.
Quote from: Aerotower on March 16, 2012, 02:29:09 PM
I use the D-130J and i have a good range.
How far do you get Aerotower?
I'm building another polar diagram.
Tomorrow I put another screenshot
Perhaps you may consider to add the "Radar-Rings", when posting the next screen shot. That will make it much easier to identify the range of reception, as it is possible by the shore line. Just a thought...
Regards
Ingo
Were just building the polar diagram for two days ...