Why do the routes not show for every aircraft with a callsign even though when I do a check they are in the database?
MTIA.
(This only happens to local flights when connected to Network)
Do you mean the routes are in the database, or the aircraft are in the database?
Can you give some examples of the callsigns that are not giving a route?
Quote from: Allocator on March 24, 2008, 09:49:25 PM
Do you mean the routes are in the database, or the aircraft are in the database?
Can you give some examples of the callsigns that are not giving a route?
The routes for the Callsign are in the database, but they dont always show on screen when im connected to the Network, not been connected to the network for the past 40 mins or so and every callsign shows a route,
We don't see that here, we have few test machines and none of that occurs and haven't had any support queries regarding this. Anybody else experiencing this?
Are you sure you are not confusing that fact that some routes are not in the database hence the aircraft label does not have routes. As we don't see any reason for the network to interfer with routes.
this is currently happening here also with flight no UAE17
not showing any route info via network tab but is in the database explorer
Is there any chance that these are aircraft that change their callsign every few seconds - see http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=550.msg4134#msg4134
You could then understand the route information being missing if the flight was first picked up with a different callsign.
very strange.............this flight no UAE17 has now appeared in my flights and shows the correct route info
ie Dub to Man
Quote from: AirNav Support on March 24, 2008, 10:02:35 PM
Are you sure you are not confusing that fact that some routes are not in the database hence the aircraft label does not have routes. As we don't see any reason for the network to interfer with routes.
I have done a search in the database and found that the route is there but it doesnt always show when the flight number appears.
Quote from: tarbat on March 25, 2008, 10:58:26 AM
Is there any chance that these are aircraft that change their callsign every few seconds.
The UAE17 into MAN is a B777, which is not known (yet) like the B744 to have a flickering callsign.
This happens to quite few different airline callsigns, i.e EZY, BMA, BMI, SHT etc yet most of them have the route in the database
Does this only affect aircraft on the NETWORK list? I think there was a problem reported a while ago about missing callsigns on network aircraft which might have a similar cause.
I can see the problem as well. I've got UAL937 in my Network list, with no route. But it's in my route table as:
UAL937 LSZH KSFO KIAD
Quote from: tarbat on March 25, 2008, 11:49:04 AM
Does this only affect aircraft on the NETWORK list?
No, it only seems to affect the ones picked up live by my RB, but turning off the Network each flight gets the route as soon as the flight number appears.
I just tested another scenario. UAL935 was NOT in MyFlights, and was in Network with no route information.
It then transitioned into my airspace, and appeared in MyFlights with no route.
I turned OFF Network, and still no route in MyFlight.
I turned OFF Hardware Flights.
I then turned Hardware Flights back ON, and route information appeared (EGLL - KLAX).
So, definately a bug, probably caused by network aircraft not having route information, and that then causes the aircraft to have no route information when it transitions into your local airspace.
Ok Thanks guys, this has been noted and we will investigate further and get a fix.
I can confirm what tarbat found - ICE455 in MyLog list with no route, went to add it to the NavData.db3 but the route is already there. When ICE455 became a network track, the route showed correctly.
I know that AirNav have this in hand, so just an observation from me.
Similarly, RYR4523 this morning is displayed as a target without Departure and Destination airfields showing, going through Tarbat's procedure made them visible. For info and confirmation.
DC
* Just for interest, captured this instance this afternoon;
Before
(http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/Khazi22/RYR.gif)
After
(http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee284/Khazi22/RYR2.gif)
Hi Guys
I can't find an cure for this related problem:
I added SBI887 and SBI888 to the routes database, but no matter what I try, including restarting RB, and closing and starting hardware and network flights, the route info and lines still won't show on the map or in MyFlights, whether the flight is on the network or is in MyFlights.
Pic of my database attached - oh and why are the two NV fields of the added records pink? Is this a clue?
Rod
[attachment deleted by admin]
Hmmm..... interesting one that Rod.
I haven't got it to work either yet - SBI887 was showing as I tried. This is what I did:
- I manually added SBS887 UUDD EIDW to the routes section of the database
- I shut down RB and started it up again, however, no route. When I checked the database again, SBI887 wasn't there - must be finger trouble I thought.
- I went through the same process again, and blow me, SBI887 wasn't there again after the shutdown and startup.
- So I added SBI887 using SQLite Database Browser with RB shut down.
- Ran RB and SBI887 was there in the database OK, but still not showing the route in the list, on the map, or in the data window to the tright of the photo.
- Added a fictional third destination to the route using RB Database Explorer (EGLL just to see what happened)
- Shut down RB and started it again, and my third destination wasn't showing in Database Explorer - most odd!
I also noticed that when I first looked at SBI887 (VP-BTO) the aircraft details weren't populated, but were populated by the time I shut down RB to restart it. At the restart, the aircraft details were no longer populated, but did autopopulate after a few seconds.
I'm wondering if there is some sort of time lag between manually populating the route using Database Explorer, and the data becoming available to RB. Is this why my manual edits disappeared when I restarted RB?
I think the thing to do to test this is to look out for SBI887 next time it gets airborne, and see if the route shows this time. I've added loads of routes in the past using SQL Maestro, but I've never checked to see if they become available immediately.
An interesting twist is that the details stayed in the database for me, (added through Database Explorer) even after a restart of RB, but still weren't displayed anywhere (except in the database itself).
I've been away from the computer for the last three hours, during which SBI888 has flown back from Dublin to Moscow, but MyLog is showing the flight along with the route, but SBI887, the incoming flight, showed no route - I wonder if that means that 888 would have been showing in MyFlights and the map.
I'll watch out for it in future.
I look forward to the fruits of your investigation, Allocator!
Rod
Rod
The pink bit for the 'Via' airport signifies that there is no entry in that field. It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that the flights are not showing from my expriences. Are the flights being input by the crew as SBI or SB1 ??
Well, the records above with blanks there aren't showing as pink, so I'm not convinced that t that's the whole story :-)
I did check carefully that the flights did have an I and not a 1 - and I think they did - it would be nice to be able to copy and paste log entries so that we could be sure.
AirNav - would it be possible in the future to be able to right click and get a choice of copying the field (or record) as well as Showing MyLog?
Rod
I am getting this problem. Is it being looked into for 1.6