Well I got my radar rama, I dont understand but i am only getting altitudes down to 1800 feet but when I ran a cellphone antenna in the same spot I was getting down to 750 feet with similar high altitude range...I dont know why id get less with a tuned mode s antenna than with a cell 900mhz antenna.
Any thoughts??
The first pic is with radar rama, 2nd pic is cellband antenna
Hi Jaskel, my guess would be that your RadarRama has nulls below 1500', you need to study some antenna theory to get some understanding of the whys and wherefores of lobes and nulls.
yeah I understand...I just find it weird that I get better performance from a out of band antenna..
Im getting a better spread from the radar rama...but distance is not as good....
here is my latest screen with the rdar rama, as you can see i have timeouts at 1775 feet...very odd!
so u think a masthead amp would improve this
??
Would a digital tv one work?
Hi Jaskel, unfortunately, I don't think a masthead pre-amp would help in the least - they're best used to overcome losses on long co-ax runs, they can only boost the signals being received.
Ok gotcha, thanks mate.
I'm thinking of getting a bigger antenna as I want further range
Hi,
I usually get around 150-170nm with RadaRama 10m high with 14m RG-8 no preamp, further range on direction to water. Not sure how is your set up but any chance that you got loose connection?
Mine is set up high with coax thicker than RG8( the name escapes me) I've posted a pic in the users pic section.
I'm getting 160-180nm with the odd pop to 220