AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Col on April 12, 2012, 02:01:32 PM

Title: Disaster
Post by: Col on April 12, 2012, 02:01:32 PM
So there I was, sitting in my hotel room next to Newark Airport watching the approach with my trusty RadarBox while waiting for my wife to wake up. Already identified over 80 aircraft when disaster struck! I moved my foot and caught the USB lead - that pulled off the box from the desk and when I picked it up the USB port was broken!

I am flying back to the UK tonight but I am not sure where the best place is to send my box for repair - I will be lost without it!!

Can anyone offer any advice on the best place to send it?

Cheers

Colin
Title: Re: Disaster
Post by: nortonbeak on April 12, 2012, 02:58:37 PM
Probably best to send a support request to AirNav.

I would expect them to suggest sending it to Waters & Stanton.

http://wsplc.com/ (http://wsplc.com/)
Title: Re: Disaster
Post by: CoastGuardJon on April 12, 2012, 05:02:26 PM
Hi Colin, how old is it, if under 2 years and under warranty AN may be decent enough to do a free repair as a gesture of goodwill, if out of warranty, just post it to Waters & Stanton, and you'll have it back in under 10 days at a reasonable cost repair.
Title: Re: Disaster
Post by: Budgie on April 15, 2012, 07:27:35 AM
Waters & Stanton is where mine went when it got zapped.
IIRC the cost was around £60, which is a standard service change, plus any parts that may be required.