AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 01:24:17 PM

Title: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 01:24:17 PM
Hi AirNav



Sorry to say but I get the same problem with version 1.5



I have a new Windows Vista Dell laptop. I have had version 1.3 since last year and it works with no problems. I now have 1.5 loaded and I see no flights whatsoever on the map or on the screen listing. If I connect to the network then I do receive flights. I notice that the hardware connected flight is mainly yellow but every now and again goes red and says unconnected. This never happens with 1.3. I have had 1.3 running for 10 days or more with out logging out and the laptop connected to the internet all that period. I am happy with 1.3 except for when I saw an SBS box with the altitudes displaying in the US, which on AirNav I did not see, how is this? Please see attached.



In regard to 1.5, can you suggest anything else I might try without being too technical



When is 1.3 being sunset



Thanks Paul



[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: Allocator on March 25, 2008, 01:44:03 PM
Quote from: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 01:24:17 PM
Hi AirNav



Sorry to say but I get the same problem with version 1.5



I have a new Windows Vista Dell laptop. I have had version 1.3 since last year and it works with no problems. I now have 1.5 loaded and I see no flights whatsoever on the map or on the screen listing. If I connect to the network then I do receive flights. I notice that the hardware connected flight is mainly yellow but every now and again goes red and says unconnected. This never happens with 1.3. I have had 1.3 running for 10 days or more with out logging out and the laptop connected to the internet all that period. I am happy with 1.3 except for when I saw an SBS box with the altitudes displaying in the US, which on AirNav I did not see, how is this? Please see attached.



In regard to 1.5, can you suggest anything else I might try without being too technical



When is 1.3 being sunset



Thanks Paul



The hardware connected light must be GREEN, otherwise the hardware is not connected correctly.  Have you got the correct AirNav USB driver installed?

I do not understand your comment regarding SBS-1 and Radarbox altitudes.  Did you see an SBS-1 in the USA where it was showing altitudes, or do you mean that you could see USA traffic from another country?

Altitude, or Flight Level is always available with RadarBox, both on the map and in the aircraft list.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 01:54:46 PM
Hi Airnav

The light is green, sorry not yellow, but it goes to Red every so often. This only happens on 1.4 and 1.5, do you have different drivers than 1.3. I am logged into 1.3v again with no problems at all. I also attach a screenshot of my display on 1.3, as you can see most aircaraft are missing their altitudes, and yes I was in the US watching a friends SBS box and he had the altitudes of all aircraft

Thanks Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: Allocator on March 25, 2008, 02:00:41 PM
Hi Paul,

I'm not AirNav, just another Radarbox user.

The latest RadarBox USB drivers are version 2.2.4.0 although I have no idea how you can see the version in VISTA.

I can't see your screenshot I'm afraid as it is a wps file and I'm not familiar with that format.

Allocator
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: tarbat on March 25, 2008, 02:06:25 PM
Quote from: Allocator on March 25, 2008, 02:00:41 PM
The latest RadarBox USB drivers are version 2.2.4.0 although I have no idea how you can see the version in VISTA.

In Vista, use Device Manager, and under USB Controllers you'll see AirNav Radarbox, with properties:

(http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/9831/ppps8.jpg)
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: tarbat on March 25, 2008, 02:10:32 PM
Looked at your screenshot, and 50% of the aircraft have altitude, which is probably about right.  Not all aircraft transmit position and altitude information.

(http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1368/pp1fp9.th.jpg) (http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pp1fp9.jpg)

In the SBS screenshot, a lot of aircraft show 0ft.  That does not mean they're all on the ground, since in SBS1 Basestation aircraft that don't transmit altitude are wrongly shown as 0ft.  In Radarbox, these are correctly shown as blank.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 25, 2008, 02:13:14 PM
I suspect what you are trying to say is that you are not seeing altitude for aircraft which are just mode-s only (only appear on the list).

If this is the case, firstly can you confirm when you bought RadarBox? As Our first thought it that you bought before 1.3 and upgraded to 1.3 but did not do the correct firmware upgrade or drivers.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 02:45:24 PM
Hi Airnav.

I bought the box last year. One of the first to be delivered. I have looked at my drivers and the version is 2.0.0.0 dated 19 May 2006. Is this related to my original question of 1.4 and 1.5 not working at all except when on the network. How do I get updated drivers, please dont make it complicated!!!##Thanks Paul

Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 25, 2008, 02:58:03 PM
Paul,

Open 1.5 then go Help -> About and tell us what the firmware version says.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 03:03:10 PM
It does not have a version next to firmware, it is blank. THe software version is ANRB15 dated 19 March
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 25, 2008, 06:35:22 PM
Hi Airnav

I think i know the problem and that is I did not know there were any patch releases or new versions, as I just dont have time to be on the forum all day or night. I am trying to load 1.3 again from your October release but when trying to copy the firmware to the Airnav folder I am unable as it vista says I dont have the rights, although I am the adminstrator, does anyone on the forum know a way around this. Or AirNav can you please send the latest version on disc so I can reload as new

Do you not advise by email new versions/patches etc

Thanks for any help
Paul
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 25, 2008, 09:27:01 PM
You can download and the follow the upgrade from the link below:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

Once you have done the firmware upgrade once, do NOT attempt to do it again. The link above should allow you to save it to the RadarBox location and run it.

The issue regarding emailing everyone is that not all RadarBoxes are bought through us and hence we do not have all your emails. We did send announcements to those who signed up to the forum.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 07:43:01 AM
Hi Airnav

Well I tried this for several hours last night to no avail. I run vista and do not get the following instructions

Select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)"
- Select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install";
- Click "Have Disk";
- Select the "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2007\Drivers" folder;
- Click Next and follow the specified instructions

Do you have the exact steps for vista users. If I ever get this to work, do I just then download v1.5 and this will work?

Please help

Paul
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 08:12:37 AM
Hi Airnav

When I try to save the firmware I still get cannot save to folder Airnav 2007 as I do not have the administrator rights. Has anyone else come across this problem

thanks paul



Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 08:45:37 AM
I have managed to get the firmware into the Airnav folder and am running it. At the moment I have a dialogue box that says opening radarbox, does anyone know how long does this remain there

thanks Paul
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 26, 2008, 08:48:28 AM
Hi spotter1964,

Not sure the exact issues you are facing and how you have got around it. Make sure you run the firmware upgrade as adminsitrator. You will need to right click on the file and select run with admin rights.

Make sure the RadarBox is connected as well.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 08:54:03 AM
i copied the firmware to another directory and then cut and pasted into the airnav folder. I am running as administrator but still have the dialogue box OPENING RADARBOX. Does this take some time to run
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: Roadrunner on March 26, 2008, 08:58:20 AM
Try checking whether the files are read only - if they are change them by unticking the read only box and that may allow you to do it. Also I have had to import some files by using opening zips/rar files on the desktop and then moving to the correct place. Don't know if this will work for drivers though as I have not had to update them since having Vista :-(
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 09:02:38 AM
Hi roadrunner

The files are not read only but in properties it did have blocked as a security measure, unblocked them and i still get the dialogue box OPENING RADARBOX
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 26, 2008, 09:06:27 AM
Go into device manager first and confirm its seeing you RadarBox. Restart your machine and then run the firmware update.
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 09:34:12 AM
i dont see radarbox under device manager, except under the USB items
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: spotter1964 on March 26, 2008, 10:12:39 AM
Hi Airnav

I finally have this working i am sure you will be relieved to know. The main problem is the intructions for loading the drivers you published are not correct for Vista.

Now my next question and project......Can I now load version 1.5 with no problem as I now I have this upgraded

Thanks Paul
Title: Re: No display at all on 1.4 or 1.5
Post by: AirNav Support on March 26, 2008, 10:37:33 AM
Yes just install 1.5 and run the RadarBox 2008 icon and everything should work nicely.