AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: MW0CVW on April 15, 2012, 05:12:36 PM

Title: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: MW0CVW on April 15, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
Hello Everyone,

Does anybody know of any Hardware to Firmware updates for the AIRNAV SYSTEM pending or ready to be released to add functionality to there existing system.

I know the focus has been on AIRNAV SHIPTRAX SYSTEM which has now been released.

The hobby seems to be moving to additional connectivity for example SBS-3.

Kind Regards

Paul

MW0CVW

EGGP/EGNR
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: Bethsalem on April 15, 2012, 06:08:59 PM
As Airnav promised to sort out the existing bugs with a new firmware/software update after the release of ShipTrax, I'm sure an announcement isn't too far off, MW0CVW.

Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: MW0CVW on April 15, 2012, 08:03:01 PM
Bethsalem,

I hope an official announcement will be released ASAP.

Regards

Paul

MW0CVW

EGGP/EGNR
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: CoastGuardJon on April 15, 2012, 09:31:28 PM
Quote from: Bethsalem on April 15, 2012, 06:08:59 PM
I'm sure an announcement isn't too far off, MW0CVW.

I'm not going to hold my breath though!
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: Mike589 on April 16, 2012, 03:04:02 AM
Hi, I have recently purchased AirNav RadarBox 9.
It says on the box, "this product is eligible for a FREE upgrade to RadarBox 10".
Is there a link for me to do this upgrade?
Rgds,
Mike589
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: Runway 31 on April 16, 2012, 07:14:06 AM
Mike,

The latest version is available here.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe

Also dont forget to update to the latest database version here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/dbupdater/ANRBDBUpdater20120127.exe

A completely new software version is in build at this time

Alan
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: bratters on April 16, 2012, 08:29:58 AM
Quote from: Runway 31 on April 16, 2012, 07:14:06 AM

A completely new software version is in build at this time

Alan

What grounds do you have for saying that Alan?

John
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: Runway 31 on April 16, 2012, 08:50:10 AM
If you go back over previous posts on the subject and the replies received from Airnav, they are completely rewriting the software as opposed to updating the current version. 

I know its not the best but the search facility should assist.

Alan
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: bratters on April 16, 2012, 10:33:56 AM
Rather think they're bows under with ShipTrax at the moment judging by the ST forum.
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: Runway 31 on April 16, 2012, 11:44:28 AM
Very little on there to suggest that and wouldnt think the mapping issue being worked on by one programmer will have any impact on Airnav development.

Alan
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: tarbat on April 16, 2012, 03:53:37 PM
Quote from: bratters on April 16, 2012, 10:33:56 AMRather think they're bows under with ShipTrax at the moment judging by the ST forum.

The only issue I'm aware of with ShipTrax is the maps problem, and that's a server side problem caused by a change in the way OSM maps are delivered.  I can't imagine that will impact on RB development significantly. In fact, I would imagine that getting OSM maps working will feed into RB development anyway.

Otherwise ShipTrax has been remarkably bug free.
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: bratters on April 16, 2012, 06:28:20 PM
I'm a bit more lost than usual here guys.

"Completely re-writing the software" I assumed to be a reference to new software coming for the current box. What is Tarbat's RB2 please or is that simply the name given to this software exercise?
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: bratters on April 17, 2012, 09:42:53 AM
Bump. Can anyone enlighten me on this RB2 please as per the post above? Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: AIRNAV SYSTEM UPDATES.
Post by: tarbat on April 17, 2012, 10:15:54 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I shouldn't have used the phrase "RB2" - I'm probably a bit out of touch with current status.  AFAIK, software development is ongoing, but I've had little contact with Airnav over the last few months due to medical issues.