Good evening all.
Currently box less.It is with W&S due to static damage.
I recently purchased two antennas for the box and scanner.
Both are on mastheads above the roof.
Last week we had some storms and well you can guess?
Question will earthing the masthead reduce or stop this happening again.
Any advice welcome.
Missing the box hope he is being looked after feed, watered and walked!!!.
Thank you.
Steve.
Hi HS, how old was the RB, since mine was repaired (and mod'd?) it's been 100%, mine was ANRB10142.
Steve,
I use the SSJ 1090mhz antenna which has a D.C short on the antenna stop static discharge problems.
Also the Kuhne LNA amplifier has additional protection which is all connected to a thick ground cable from the mast aerial and LNA amplifier to an earth rod in the soil at the bottom of the mast.
W&S have the following item
SP-350VNS Watson Static Discharge Protector DC TO 3000MHZ covers ADSB no problem and N-type connectors.
You can install this at the Airnav receiver end with a suitable cable N-TYPE to SMA for (Airnav)
Hope this information helps you out.
Regards
Paul
MW0CVW
EGGP/EGNR
Good morning CoastGuardJon & Paul.
Thank you for your reply's.
My box is ANRB10154 which beleive is in the batch known to have the static issue(2008).
I will give W&S a call reference SP-350VNS Watson Static Discharger Protector.
Will this also work with the scanner.
But in the mean time I will get my electrians who work for me around to earth the masthead.
Scanner unpluged at the moment and using PP.
Steve.
Hi HS, yes your's is 12 later than mine, so I think once it's been repaired you'll find it OK. Mine's worked flawlessly since.