When you unpack the RadarBox the first time, the first instructions you come across are printed on the CD cover:
1.) Connect the antenna; 2.) Connect the USB cable to PC; 3.) Insert CD and then follows the install instructions.
When you eventually get to read the 2.1 Getting Started instructions in the Help file, it says in bold capital letters:
DO NOT CONNECT THE HARDWARE USB CABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
I am now confused.
Hi FACTflights
Not surprised - it's a shame they haven't revised the CD instructions.
You should install the software first (and DON'T use the default folder suggested during the installation process - change the path to something else, such as C:\AirNav) - only after the software is installed should you connect the hardware.
There are lots of posts and videos about this - have a look round the forum.
Good Luck!
Rod
FACT,
There is not much to it. Install the software as Rod states to a path away from the Program files location to avoid any problems with the windows virtual store. I would imagine the software on the installation CD may be an older version, the latest is available here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/403/ANRB403Setup.exe
As with most hardware, only after installation attach the USB cable as this will install the drivers. You havent stated what Windows version you are using, if Windows 7 64bit you will need to download and install the Window 7 drivers 64 bit drivers from the support page here. http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip
As the database is a couple of years out of date you will need to update the database by downloading and installing the latest Navdat update from here http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/dbupdater/ANRBDBUpdater20120127.exe
Alan
Hi Rod and Alan,
I'm using XP Pro. Installed it according to the instructions on the CD cover as I only read the pdf instructions later.
It works, no problems.
How do I now get it to send data to AirNav. I'm not worried about getting internet data. I'm only interested in the live stuff for myself.
Greetings,
John
Hi John,
To send data to Airnav, connect to internet and make sure File/Preferences/RadarBox/Share Flight Data is ticked.
You will still want to ensure the latest Navdata update is instaled.
Alan
Runway 31,
How do I know that I'm sending data ?
John
If yo uhave done as advised, anything you pick up will be sent.
If it has a globe beside it, next to its status on the grid, it will plot on the map and others will see it. There is nothing showing at this time from the Cape Town area
Alan
Very few of the aircraft that fly here have the globe icon next to them. A KLM flight came in a few minutes ago.
I have been away from the computer, dont know if it showed. BTW There is someone else in the Cape Town area who shares.
A;an
Quote from: FACTflights on April 21, 2012, 04:52:44 PM
When you unpack the RadarBox the first time, the first instructions you come across are printed on the CD cover:
1.) Connect the antenna; 2.) Connect the USB cable to PC; 3.) Insert CD and then follows the install instructions.
When you eventually get to read the 2.1 Getting Started instructions in the Help file, it says in bold capital letters:
DO NOT CONNECT THE HARDWARE USB CABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER BEFORE INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
I am now confused.
I raised this, as you will see, in 2008, but nothing has been done about it yet.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1070.msg8071#msg8071 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1070.msg8071#msg8071)
If yo uare seeing network aircraft you will also be sending data.
Alan
Hi
I have installed RadarBox on a new PC, following the instruction on here. I have the up to date .exe file and NavData file in place but I'm struggling with the drivers. I have downloaded them to desktop but I' unclear on how to install them (the 64 bit ones). Anyone able to help?
Thanks
Wayne
One other thing, I thought when plugging in the hardware then it would automatically search for drivers and at that point I could select them from the download location but I'm getting no prompts at all after connecting the hardware. The power light and USB light are active on the box.
Wayne
See the drivers FAQ
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=786.0
Start/Devices and Printers/Radarbox/right click Properties/Hardware/Properties/Change Settings/Driver/Change Driver/update driver and direct to where you have extracted your 64bit drivers too.
Once installed connect your USB cable
Alan
Thanks Tarbat and Alan. The link works to the FAQ but the Flickr parts of it don't display.
I have extracted the drivers to the PC desktop but I noticed they are zipped and maybe this is the problem because I've not unzipped them as when I follow Alan's instruction I get the message that the files don't exist. So I assume the sequence of events is download (zipped), unzip to a location then install from the unzipped location to C:\Program Files\AirNav\Drivers. Then plug in the USB?
Thanks
Wayne
Wayne
Unzip then follow the instructions I posted
Alan
Thanks ever so much Alan, all back up and working.
Wayne
Easy when you know how Wayne, glad your back up and running
Alan