I've been using ANRB happily for many years on my previous Laptop, up to version 3.13 (I've no interest in 3D).
I've now got to transfer to a W7 64-bit Laptop.
I downloaded 4.03, which in itself was a pain - well over 2 hours on a 20MB Broadband Service !
I also downloaded the 64-bit Drivers, as advised.
On trying to install 4.03 onto the new Machine, I received a constant stream of splash screens teling me that the source files are corrupt, against the language files in the help Manual, and GE Models.
I therefore aborted the installation
Having now wasted nearly 4 hours all together on this fiasco, I'm wondering if I can still download 3.13 ?
Any offers before I just get rid of the lot and use my iPhone ?
MTIA
Dave
Hi Dave
Something must have gone wrong with your download - I've only got a 1.5Mb connection and it only takes me 10 minutes to download 4.03.
You can still get 3.13, though. You can use the link on my AirNav order page here: http://rodb.gofreeserve.com/RadarBox/RadBox2.htm
Good luck
Rod
The corruption was probably caused during the download process. As Rod says it should only take a fraction of that time to download especially with 20Mb service.
Alan
Thanks Rod and Alan,
I was surprised at the length of time; I wondered whether the additional 3D stuff was slowing it down :o)
I'll try again.
Thanks again
Dave
Update / Help required
4.03 downloaded and installed OK (onto my D: Drive, following earlier posts).
64-bit Drivers downloaded, unzipped and put into Drivers Folder.
I noticed a previous post said "instal" the Drivers but I can't see how to - there's no installation programme included. So I'm assuming I've done that correctly ???
So, now I've opened up ANRB, and I have an interface, a map.....and no Aircraft.
No Blue light flashing, no USB port light showing, and a message at the bottom of the screen saying there's no hardware connected.
As you've probably guessed, I'm far from a Power User, though I can follow simple instructions !
I've just connected the hardware back into my old Laptop and all is working perfectly. Any thoughts ???
Dave
OK.
I've found that ANRB is showing in my 'Devices and Printers' area.
On looking under properties, it tells me that the Drivers are not installed.
However, I can't see how to INSTALL these Drivers; the Folder downloaded is simply a zipped Folder
Can someone please advise an idiot-proof explanation of how to install the files from this Folder ?
Any help appreciated; sorry for the dumb questions
Cheers
Dave
1st: UNZIP the ZIP Folder to AirNav Systems\ 64Bit Drivers or ANRB\Drivers or something else like this.
2nd go to the device manager and look for the Radarbox.
3rd right mouse click on Radarbox and than select install drivers or actualize Drivers (or something similar to this, I'm German, so my menus are in German)
4th select(=click on) "Search Computer for Drivers"
5th Tick "include sub folders" / than browse to the Root Folder in which you have unzipped the drivers zip file
6th if it states drivers aren't signed or the stupid Logo Test BS proceed anyway.
Genius !
Many thanks; all fine now.
A happy weekend coming up now, I think :o)
Thanks again
Dave
Hi
This may be a good place to ask my question because I am a little confused.
I have version 3.13.
Is version 4.03 just an upgrade to 3D capability or does it have benefits for 2D users?
Keith,
Its basically the same without 3D, you can still use it but if you havent upgraded to 3D as it operates in 2D mode.
Alan